Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interesting youtube channels

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,983 ✭✭✭conorhal

There's a couple of well known channels always entertain me with humor and solid production value to their videos.

The Internet Historian always has a wry, informative and hilarious take on weird happenings that pique his interest.
    His latest video is a mini documentary on the Costa Concordia debacle

And of course for movie reviews, particularly for reviews of God awful movies, you just can't beat Red Letter Media.
    This spotlight on Verotika and the utterly hilarious incompetence of the movie made me laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

Thanks for all the recommendations. I just add more channels I like that didn't get a mention:
    The Tim Traveller, quirky travel blog.
    Jay Leno's garage, the man probably the best collection of cars anywhere from rare steam cars to a Mclaren F1 but refreshing shows a genuine interest in all sorts not just the blingy stuff.

🙈🙉🙊

• Registered Users Posts: 33,043 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Kurzegesagt / In a nutshell

Scientific and philosphical concepts boiled down to simple 10-15 minute clips for "lay" people like me :) - with adorable colorful graphics :)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsXVk37bltHxD1rDPwtNM8Q

What would happen if we nuked the moon?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Two lads who blew up over the last two years

Bald and Bankrupt, most travel youtubers are crap, this guy is not

Rate My Takeaway, basicallly Peter Kay reviewing Fast food joints.

Also
    The Chieftain (and of this parish to boot)
    Mark Felton for Military History
    Triggernoemtry, the whole culture war area is a crowded field but these lads do great interviews and they're fairly amusing

Whoever said Lindybeige can **** right off :) A spoofer that people think is credible because he has a posh british accent.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,238 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Bambi wrote: »

Also
    Triggernoemtry, the whole culture war area is a crowded field but these lads do great interviews and they're fairly amusing

Whoever said Lindybeige can **** right off :) A spoofer that people think is credible because he has a posh british accent.

Well, Lindy has the good taste to have me as a guest appearance on occasion.

Seriously, though, he's entertaining but a bit hit and miss sometimes and often requires a bit of verification, but he's also good for provoking further research.
    Anyway, to give a link, all things WW2 armor.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp4j9Y9L6jie44iZroCb99A

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,644 ✭✭✭storker

Epic History has some excellent content.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

Hand Tool Rescue
    Charlie DIYte
    Nerdforge
    The Vintage Space
    Mark Felton Productions
    AvE
    I C Weld
    Marty's Matchbox Makeovers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

Yep - What could be interesting topics from the Tank Museum but lacking knowledge?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Also

That bald and bankrupt guy is a creep also has a condescending attitude towards the countries/áreas he is in.

Anyways, I like produce like a pro, rick beato, guitar manifesto, rhett shull, Steve Stine, Marty Schwarz, very good if you're in to music/guitars.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭yermanoffthetv

Definately worth checking out Anton Lyadov's chanel "The People"
    He does extreme travel documentaries to dangerous places like Somalia, North Korea and the like. Very interesting and well done.

• Advertisement

That bald and bankrupt guy is a creep also has a condescending attitude towards the countries/áreas he is in.

snarky and arrogant

Another creep who behaves like this on youtube lives in China - Serpentenza

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

https://youtube.com/c/GeoWizard

Lad can find a location of a lot of places in the world via Google Street view in a few clicks...

It's mental...

Randomly came up in my feed a few weeks ago and I'm hooked... :)

Well, Lindy has the good taste to have me as a guest appearance on occasion.

Seriously, though, he's entertaining but a bit hit and miss sometimes and often requires a bit of verification, but he's also good for provoking further research.
    Anyway, to give a link, all things WW2 armor.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp4j9Y9L6jie44iZroCb99A

Like that video he had you on where you corrected nearly everything that he said? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭yermanoffthetv

snarky and arrogant

I think that's a bit unfair, he's lived there over 10 years only moving away in 2019 due to safety concerns. I've watched his motorcycle videos with Cmilk and found it quite good. I think his issue is with the growing authoritarianism of the Communist government and censorship in China, which is fair enough.

sugarman wrote: »
    Its well documented him and his mates on the channel are sex tourists on numerous other sites, their old pseudo names on old message forums and blogs were found out and they were stupid enough to detail their encounters online. Theres a whole subreddit dedicated to him/them that archived their posts that they tried to hide/delete once outed.

While many are unaware and some will still watch his videos for enjoyment regardless, they're the ones funding his disgusting lifestyle.

Are you able to share this well documented documentation?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,562 ✭✭✭snotboogie

snarky and arrogant

He's gone way too political but I don't see how he is a creep? He's lived in LA for the last 5 years or so.

Stefan Milo does archeology videos with a twist of humour.

I look forward to each installment. He has less than 100k subscribers, which is unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Pretty much all my favourites have been mentioned, but here's one channel I follow, even though I initially had little to no interest in the subject ..the re-building of a wooden sailing yacht.

Watch the skillz ...with nice background music

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCg-_lYeV8hBnDSay7nmphUA

Sampson boat co

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,238 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Oh, there aren't that many videos on the channel, but I very much enjoyed "Confessions of History". In french, but good subtitles.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Horror stories channel.

It's "interesting" in a dark way.
    Real life horror, not the spooky kind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 Mollydog123

Mossy Bottom - English guy who quit the rat race and moved to an old cottage in the west of Ireland. Good for people interested in self sufficiency.

Just for Laughs - Always good for a few laughs.

Cook NShare - Great for recipes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Fake Scores

• Registered Users Posts: 8,271 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Some good short stories here ;)

Omeleto shorts

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTMt7iMWa7jy0fNXIktwyLA

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users Posts: 6,040 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

The infographics show has some interesting stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

Sam the cooking guy has some good recipes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

The critical Drinker
    Nerdrotic
    Numberphile
    Slow Mo guys
    Ozzy man can be funny too ....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

conorhal wrote: »
    There's a couple of well known channels always entertain me with humor and solid production value to their videos.

The Internet Historian always has a wry, informative and hilarious take on weird happenings that pique his interest.
    His latest video is a mini documentary on the Costa Concordia debacle

I enjoyed his video on the fyre festival

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

Nomad Capitalist - How to perfect the art of offshore tax avoidance.

Whang is a good channel if you enjoy internet sub culture videos.

I like cold fusion as well. Some good stuff.

I watch ItsaGundam just to listen to him spout off.

• Advertisement

I like nexpo.

He has a series about disturbing and weird things that he finds on the internet.

Advertisement