Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House for single person

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Shauna677

Graces7 wrote: »
    Speaking as one who moved perforce ( landlord selling) from a spacious house, of three large bedrooms . two reception, two bathrooms. to a tiny place?

You can always use extra rooms. Hobbies etc.

It's much more enjoyable going from small place to a larger house. Once you taste the benefit of having a large spacious house, it's much harder to go back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭wench

Graces7 wrote: »
    Speaking as one who moved perforce ( landlord selling) from a spacious house, of three large bedrooms . two reception, two bathrooms. to a tiny place?

You can always use extra rooms. Hobbies etc.
    Exactly.

If you have too much space, take up knitting. The yarn mountain will soon fix that. :-)

I lived in a two storey four bedroom house with 2 receptions and a 25 ft long kitchen before moving into my two bed bungalow.

I wouldn't go back. Too much cleaning, and twice as expensive for heat and electricity. I love my little house. :)

Ideally, the OP should look for something with room to extend up into the attic or out into the garden if he wanted to or needed to, later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

House prices are going up , buy a 3bed house if that's all you
    can find.
    There's very few houses for sale. I listen to a radio show
    There's a woman on saying she feels forced to buy an apartment,
    she wants to buy a house with her boyfriend both working.
    Buy a 3bed, rent out one room. 14k rent a room income is tax free
    See revenue ie
    There's a few 2bed houses for sale 40 plus years
    Low bee rating they, ll need modernisation .
    If you can find one to buy at a price you can afford
    In 2 years time you won't be able to buy a house in the city

Advertisement