Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

The Kid Detective

• 03-04-2021 12:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,977 ✭✭✭ brevity

I have just finished watching this on the back of a glowing recommendation from the guys at Red Letter Media.

It’s a dark comedy based around this private detective who was very popular as a kid but since growing up he has become a bit of a joke. He is hired to investigate a murder despite the fact that his reputation is in tatters.

It’s a great watch in my opinion. I got a bit of a Wes Anderson vibe from it. Not visually but perhaps more in the writing and the characters.

Highly recommended.

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 31,027 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭ Mickeroo

Just finished it there. Was great, well worth the fiver rental.

Very funny in places and it's a proper detective movie at its core that kept me guessing until the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭ Josey Wales

I watched this last night and enjoyed it a lot. Some great comedic moments.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ Need a Username

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Just finished it there. Was great, well worth the fiver rental.

Very funny in places and it's a proper detective movie at its core that kept me guessing until the end.

That is the kind of thing I like to hear.

Adding this to the watchlist.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ✭✭✭ Ravn

Really enjoyed this. Hard to come by a dark comedy that actually makes me laugh out loud while also being a decent mystery/detective story. Great performances, particularly from Brody. Highly recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,705 ✭✭✭ speedboatchase

I can't praise this enough.

This is a debut feature for the writer and director, starring Adam Brody as the titular lead. It's a surprisingly well-balanced mix of dark humour and a murder mystery, where the titular character is a former 'child detective' now eking out a living in a town that is fed up with him and whose parents want him to make a real living.

Things change when an actual, dangerous mystery lands on his desk - the case of who murdered a local teen that was stabbed 17 times. The comedic editing is masterful and the ending will stick with you a long time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75,429 ✭✭✭✭ JP Liz V1

I find it hard to see Adam Brody as anyone but Seth Cohen :o

• Registered Users Posts: 27,907 ✭✭✭✭ gmisk

Very decent watch I have to say.
    It is a bit odd tone wise but I rather enjoyed that about it. Adam Brody is very good in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭ mikhail

I enjoyed this too. It kept me guessing and laughing.

Advertisement