Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Local Authority to Civil Service (Temp Role)

Options
  • 01-04-2021 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

I'm in a bit of a conundrum at the moment.

I'm a Clerical Officer in a Local Authority nearly 6 years now (permanent position), I recently applied for a Grade 4 role in the Civil Service and have been shortlisted for interview.

My problem being is I recently found out the role I am being interviewed for is a temporary role (9 month maternity cover).

I would love to take the role for the sake of building experience. I have gone for Grade 4 positions in various local authorities and have been knocked on experience.

Is there any way my local authority could release me for the 9 month period to take up this role to which, once it has concluded, I would return to my original position or am I dreaming?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Job_Query

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,730 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

You have to ask your specific local authority. If they want to do it, they will find a way to make it happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,215 ✭✭✭Augme

Can't imagine why they would ever say yes. They'd just be in a position were they would then have to fill your position for just 9 months which would be a head ache.

Advertisement