Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭ottolwinner

sounds like a parallel universe except for the want of a mallet. 💪

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Bubble and squeak, have you not heard of it before Seph?
    It’s leftover mashed potato and cabbage, and I like a bit of onion, mixed in to a patty and fried, absolutely delicious.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Poochie05

No leftover leftovers I’m afraid! 😂

god what a day. 😰

Went to Dino alive with Mrs Raichu and the weans and on the way home stopping at circle K off the M9 for a McDonald’s.. all sounds great but someone was laughing at me from their cloud because the damn car battery somehow flattened itself between stopping and trying to go again.

€110 and 45 mins later for a mechanic to pop out and boost it. Just home a few mins and absolutely beside myself about it. Really can’t afford this waste of money at the min but oh well. The lad who came out was a gent mind you he even spotted the battery is actually not the right size at all for the civic too small so might be causing the problems with starting I’ve been having recently— much to think about.

Gonna have a look on micks garage shortly for a more suitable battery, but not before I lament the money I just spent.

Wasn’t all doom and gloom though, Dino Alive was pretty cool and I went to the Asia market in artane and found a lot of goodies. Also saw the lovely memorial wall for the Stardust victims which is such an awful tragedy.

Hope everyone else had a good day!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,745 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Work and some gym, rinse, repeat, pints tomorrow, work again. Facing a blank wall with social welfare so far

• Registered Users Posts: 13,377 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

that’s fine , but can I say that’ you buying a mallet ‘ is a bit scary 😷😷

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,745 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Aah sure a mallet is the milder end of the thumpy things scale!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,359 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😲

I'd say you make a great comedy writer.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Hope you get somewhere with the SW . It's so fecking hard at times.

• Advertisement

Nope, not slept either.. This rate there'll be two of us claiming disability. 😭

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Oh ffs GRRR 😖😖 . The mind boggles at the hoops and rigamarole you've to go through sometimes , not to mention how demoralizing it can be . Makes you feel as if you're begging for any help at all. Hugs to you and Mrs Grem, not much help I know though.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

@Raichu - ouch, hope you get the car sorted.

I just about remember the Stardust tragedy - I was not quite 6 but it was the first big news story I recall. It was a disgusting scandal how the owner of the building was found not only not responsible for the very avoidable disaster in the first enquiry, but he was actually compensated for the fire in his building where the escape doors were chained shut, causing many of those young people to die needlessly. He was a good pal of then Taoiseach Charlie Haughey - the country really was a deeply corrupt, dysfunctional, backward Banana republic in those dark days. I really hope the relatives of the 48 victims finally get the justice they deserve in this current inquiry.

Working from home here today in the home office, marking student assignments ahead of classes starting back after the Easter break next week - and a final years dissertation student will be interviewing me for my "expert" opinion for his research at 4.00pm via Zoom, so also preparing for that.

Was at my good mate's mother's funeral this morning - it was solemn but very dignified and the music played in the church was beautiful.

watching the daytime quizzes on tv , but slightly in shock following news of a neighbour’s death . He was a sound man and leaves behind a wife and 4 children. I met him a few weeks ago in the shop and he was , as always , in good form and joking . Rip

• Registered Users Posts: 4,847 ✭✭✭gifted

Made apple crumble for the two eldest chicks in seperate ramekin dishes.....stewed apples at the bottom...custard in the middle and then topped with buttery/light brown sugar/ porridge oats crumble cooked seperately and then put on top...chicks said its the best one ever so im happy...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Well I also got the crumble urge but made rhubarb, the first of the season. Dismayed that many of the plants are going to seed so early.

Crumble was delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,530 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

I just had Rice Krispies with milk.

Nice !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,847 ✭✭✭gifted

Im a 4 weetabix man myself...with tons of sugar...now i want that 😁😁😁

• Registered Users Posts: 12,085 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

The rain today! In my hotel room drying out. Dinner now and maybe a nice beer with it.

Yep, the continuous wet is wrecking my head.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,992 ✭✭✭suvigirl

I don't want to sound like an old wan, but I'm loving the stretch in the evenings😁................

• Registered Users Posts: 12,085 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

It's great!

My feet ache but Ive a room to myself. Overnighting with work used to be the norm but my allowance didn't cover the cost over the last two years combined with a shortage of rooms

• Registered Users Posts: 5,992 ✭✭✭suvigirl

I hear ya!😂

Uunfortunately, I'm at the states mercy, the state believes we are all staying in B&Bs in 1985 😂

watching the blair Witch project . I was at the premiere in NY and thought it was a good film

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭ottolwinner

I’ve never sat through that movie fully.

Jaysis people are taking storm prepping seriously here, all battened down and not even posting 🤣

Had pain au chocolate and sweet chilli chicken wrap from Lidl for lunch. 😋

Going to get a big mug of tea now. ☕

Feeling stressed out and burned out in work. So I definitely need that tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,037 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Thanks, he came close,but as we don't have kids in the house, he deserved a 2nd chance. We have completed 10 out of 20 sessions with a trainer. To be blunt about it, he is a lot rougher and harsher with BLUE than we could ever be. But we are seeing the results.

We did accept the choke collar but we drew the line at a spiked collar or electric collar. His own boxer has both and I see him as a defeated dog that is scared to espress his character, but he came from the kennel as a known biter, so I can understand the need.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭thomil

Definitely taking it seriously down here, just got back from doing my weekend shop 😁

Looking forward to doing sweet feck all for the weekend as a consequence…

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,794 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Just back from a spin along the coast, sea looking seriously choppy already.

Tmw a day for hot chocolates and Easter eggs me thinks

Advertisement