Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,540 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

• Registered Users Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Thank you for sharing that story. It's precious.

I got a lovely bunch of daffodils from the sellers today outside a shop.

I also support the local hospice when they fundraise.

It's a very worthy cause.

To thine own self be true

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Yes, bought my daffodil day badge yesterday in town. I always support it each year - and especially since my dear late father passed away from pancreatic cancer in 2015.

@wildwillow - I remember you posting on Boards before about your son. I cannot imagine the pain of losing a child. Thinking of you. 💕🌈

Work finished up for the week but OH and myself will probably go out for dinner as the place is in bits with the bathroom being redone. Dust and clutter everywhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,379 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

@wildwillow, I'm sorry you went through that, I hope you and your family have found peace. It's a very personal and poignant reminder of the purpose of Daffodil Day.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,087 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Beers and listening to Depeche Mode's new album. Very depressing stuff. Not enjoying it at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,379 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Try this instead ... Death Cab For Cutie - Asphalt Meadows. Wait until about 1:20 for the hook to kick it. They got unfairly brushed as emo rock back in the day. But they are way more than that.

And this is the best synth pop song I've heard in a long while.

Future Islands - Seasons

• Registered Users Posts: 21,828 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Like that, and the video, thanks for posting it ☺️

• Registered Users Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Having a Guinness and getting ready for bed after a day driving in circles in Baile Atha Cliath ( if I spelt it right )

Who knew Molesworth St was hidden away like that . Plus I had a falling out with the woman on the Sat-Nav 😡

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,759 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

If it helps, i was fairly lost in smithfield recently, i was looking to get to killester at the time *much blushing

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Another fan of Death Cab for Cutie here 👍

This was the first time I’ve drove in Dublin in , maybe , 10 years. Every corner i turned I’d think , oh I know where I am, then blank.

Hmmm , you were ‘lost’ in Smithfield ?😊 . On the way to the Phoenix park ????

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,759 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Hey, no making funsies of me.. I got turned around and forgot to check my phone.

Watching Black Hawk Down . I think it’s a great film , along the lines of Vietnam films

Oh that is a great watch.

My sincere condolences wildwillow on the massive loss of your son. 😪

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Thank you all for your kind wishes. It is so long ago but he is always present in my thoughts. We carry the grief but don’t dwell on the sadness. The best tribute is to make the best of life and I am so proud of his siblings.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,040 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Good morning all, Nespresso time and then off to see the pyramids :):)

Well i suppose photos of the pyramids will have to do instead of cars this week!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,856 ✭✭✭gifted

Kitchen table suppin a coffee.....it's the eldest chick birthday today, 14, feck but that was fast.....we asking her all week what cake she wants and yesterday evening she tells us she wants a creme egg cake...so get to work Daddy...

Might not be the prettiest but she loves it so Im happy...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,208 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Oh my god, @gifted that looks divine, even sideways! 🤣 She's a very lucky chick and while it may not always seem so now, she will appreciate these things when she’s older, looking back

i am starfishing in the bed, cat is curled up on my chest. I’m relishing the moment as I don’t have to get up yet and am off for a week 🤗 been ridiculously hectic in work, and not being in top health so it’s good to have a bit of downtime.

Left work, bucketed rain, on bus, sun splitting the stones 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Duvet Day

I'd love a slice of that cake right now, looks fab.

I'm still in leaba, heating is on so going to haul myself to the shower, will meet the folks later for grub and shopping, out again tonight, 3 in a row and losing an hours sleep tomorrow night, dreading Monday morning already. 😁

Enjoy the break Poochie, we will be expecting shenanigan stories. 😉

Looks amazing. I'll have a slice with a cup of coffee thanks. 👌

• Registered Users Posts: 21,828 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Not a bad morning, dry and bright out 🌻 Casserole prepped and ready to go in the oven to slow cook all day .

Happy a nice day folks ☺️

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Slides plate across for a slice of that beautiful cake 😍😍 Sun shining here, dogs and cats fed, food left out for the fox 🦊 👍

Time to relax now

The wren is back protecting his territory, giving it loads to the cat when he goes out. Springtime, definitely.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,040 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Back home, any of that divine looking cake left?

• Advertisement

Off to work for meself, lidl apple turnovers and frittata in me bag. Mrs G suitably set up with supplies until morning. Le trundle

Advertisement