Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Deskside, about to knock off for a late lunch break.

Have to run out to get a nice birthday card for my Uncle's 80th which is on Friday (he lives up North as do nearly all of my extended family/relatives) and then post it off to make sure it gets to County Fermanagh in time.

Looking forward to my Zoom yoga class this evening! 😊

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,049 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Thanks to Covid. On call. Working off site. Sipping at coffee house on WiFi. Does it get any better than this?

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Elyvande

Now that sounds amazing. Slide a bowl or two my way please/thank you.

Holy moly that is one lovely dog. What a face!!! Thank you @[Deleted User]

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,049 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Yo Seph. Not in my coffee house at the moment. We will be lunching. Only 10 here. But always lurking.

**Runs!**

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

At the tech desk.....still. Looking forward to my oven roasted pork chop with mushrooms, onions and baby boiled spuds later. I may even have a few bottles of beer with it!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,864 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

A very tired trundle. Soup amazing though for those that would entertain the combination

Mind yourself there Grem. Do you add the blue cheese in towards the end?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,864 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Yup slowly simmer and stir after blending, tiny pinch of nutmeg too. Wife is extremely happy so that'll do!.

Phew, another one nearly done, exhausted

Morning Grem and wh’erers. Wind has got up a bit out there. Car has to go for a service and I hope to be deskside for a bit too. Mind yourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Just sitting in the lobby at work after having a taco cheese toasted sandwich that I made last night, a banana and a large latte trying to warm myself up before I start at 8am. Feeling really cold after being utterly blasted by a ten second deluge of rain at the bus stop this morning. It just came out of nowhere, one of those freak bursts of rainfall that would soak you in an instant 🌧️🥶

• Registered Users Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

😂😂😂😂😂

Hahaha that's very me, snoring away..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭thomil

Tableside...

Not saying I'm tired but this is the kind of day where even my coffee needs a coffee...

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Some amount of tumbleweed in here. 😁 Anyway, I was in the cutting room all day and left a lot on the floor. The modern translation is probably lots left in the original file that gets deleted! A bit more to do and then a very very quiet February.

Now watching Michael Kane in Harry Brown. I met the editor in London a couple of years ago.Down in Brick lane having a great curry and beers. I was only there a wet day! What an honour to have a chat with a person that had reached a level way above me and yet had respect for me. These kind of things don't happen in Ireland. Probably why our film and TV industry is still muck filled baloney. I'd take London again if I get the chance.

Rant over.😁 But at least it kept the thread going into the evening!

😂😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭thomil

Oh, I have to steal that for future reference! 😂😂😂

It's always nice when a known expert in your field respects you and your work, Grandeeod. I hope you find some work over there again soon 🙂

Tableside here, hammering out the final few paragraphs of what's shaping up to be a two thousand word monster of a blog post. For some reason, I"ve been feeling really upbeat for most of January so far. Even my journal entries are optimistic, and they're normally where I vent my frustration and fears. I have a feeling that the hammer will fall shortly, though. I know my luck...

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Advertisement

Just drove across the country, There's a beautiful moon out there tonight

Alfie looks unusually happy Auto 😂

Or as my Scottish cousin would say:  It's a Braw Bricht Moonlicht Nicht the Nicht

• Registered Users Posts: 10,069 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

i think the missus is over her COVID.

Post edited by smurfjed on

Especially if there's cats around 🐈😺

Barbershop side waiting to get the auld hair trimmed like .

Brilliant so not a severe cases thankfully

• Advertisement

Have to report to university lab this PM. I will be someone the cat dragged in.

**runs and hides!**

Advertisement