Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

Upright, ...I'll let it be as it was accidental... but I'm still steamed 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 22,246 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

👍👍👍👍

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Recovering after a dreadful stomach bug/suspected food poisoning ordeal yesterday after having a take out delivery on Friday night. Absolutely rotten form, sleeping in pain and being in the loo half the day and night. 😰

Feeling a good bit better today, and need to get some weekly household chores done - with the help of the OH, naturally - a little later on.

Was also saddened to see the thread about Obvious Desperate Breakfasts a short while ago - I knew, given her terminal illness, that a post on boards about her passing would be inevitable. May she Rest In Peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,835 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Sorry to hear about ODB , I never saw that thread , may she RIP .

Yea I was also sorry to hear of ODB’s passing, too young.

Not long back myself from a funeral of a neighbour who has died from breast cancer and she was only 50. Life can be so cruel.

• Advertisement

Wait. What 😔

Jaysus I'm in shock. May she rest in peace 😥

I wish her family peace over these difficult times

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

The news about Obvs is a real kick in the guts. Boards will feel lonely for a long time.

Hit me hard for someone who I only knew online. She was very private yet very open. Online friendships can be very meaningful too though. I've learned that more and more as social media becomes so much part of our lives.

Oh no Jupiter, that sounds horrible. Glad you feel better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,077 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Just back from a great day in town. Saw a couple of lads vaccinating themselves in a doorway on Henry Street.

Yes they really can be. Thanks to Boards I've made 'real life' friends. I use that wording to distinguish between those I have met in person and remain close to and those I haven't met.

It can be tough going though. You connect with people over a period of time, you chat through pm and it feels real but is it? With a flick of their hand they close their account and you hear nothing from them again.

Or they just stop posting or indeed engaging with you. I've experienced it very much in closed groups. Everyday you chat with each other, maybe arrange drinks maybe not. You start to really care about these people. Then the chat starts to slow, people leave, and it's just....finished.

Maybe you reach out individually and for whatever reason they aren't interested any longer. It is such a strange strange occurance that leaves me wary of such friendships.

Yeah I've had what seemed like really nice online friendships just fizzle out, and it's quite saddening. Some - well it was the natural order of things, but others... I don't know what went wrong, but life gets in the way I suppose. Can't help feeling a bit had - then again though, I've probably done it to others unwittingly. That's what the big gap in non face-to-face engagement can do I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,028 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I'm sad to read the news about ODB. I remember her from years ago when she had another account and then her most recent one.

When her first account closed, I remember people fearing she had died then. She seemed like a true fighter and great for puttinga good debate into threads.

If any of her family or friends are reading, I send my sincere sympathy.

Life is so short people, grab today with both hands.

To thine own self be true

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,787 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

It's been a long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long night.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,787 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I wonder, since so many feckers like fridays, why monday the 13th isn't considered a demon day.

It is to some 😂😂

Too early to be awake 😂

Where is everyone? Scare ye away?.

Too tired to function 🥲🥲🥲

Quick! Get the coffee IV in to this woman!! 😄

It is an awful feeling though Auto. I hope the day flies for you.

I am back in bed as its my 'day of rest'. The weeks can be intense with travel and work and daddy so I tend to do absolutely nothing on a Monday.

Speaking of Daddy his latest issue is cataracts. But really what of it. He is a year from 80 and that's a privilege.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Deskside, work office, busy ahead of an Exam Board meeting this afternoon - the first in 20 months that will be held in person and not online via MSN Teams.

Does anyone else think it's got a lot cooler the past day or two?

Yup, very wintry and our boiler's packed up again!

Thanks Diamonds 😊

Bought new fleece pjs and I’m getting straight into them when I get home 😊

Happy Monday 😂😂

Sorry to hear about your boiler Sardi 🤗🤗

Ahh Sardi that's brutal bloody hell..

The plumber who services our boiler has just been out to look at it. Apparently, the issue is electrical. So now I have to wait for a sparky. Thankfully, I've plenty of heaters and Dad's shower is electric so it's not so bad. It's definitely got chillier but it's not too cold yet, thankfully.

I've actually got a red face from the heat.... youre a cold hearted wan Sardi!

No, that's from the drink Dave.

It's not me I'm worried about, it's the almost 90 year old who is recovering from surgery. I'm always too hot these days. Who knew eyeballs could sweat?

I wish it was drink..gifted some great whiskeys recently...and not opened one....I'm getting old 🙄😂

• Advertisement

Jameson black barrel, Teelings, Tullamore Dew Carribbean cask, Pearce founders choice 12yo, Redbreast 12yo cask strength & Redbreast 21yo....and a girl I'm the local SuperValu gave me a bottle of Jameson, which is actually lovely as she's just recovered from her second dose of Covid

Advertisement