Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,270 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Departed Dublin an hour late, so ended up In Istanbul with 45 minutes to catch our next flight, so we had a lovely 1.4 KM power walk through the terminal. A couple of Apple Tags show that our bags also made it.

Not sure if I will have Internet access for the next couple of weeks.

So take care of yourselves, and enjoy your Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

WOW! Just WOW! Expecting a full report please....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,986 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I remember when they were €2. I was very partial to the choc chip one....but then they weren't always in stock when I was doing my shop so I got out of the habit of buying them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,532 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

We're spoilt for choice with all the supermarkets we have here. I do most of my shopping in Aldi and Lidl, they have really improved over the years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,368 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

No Dunnes near me. Lidl has nice pastries.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Netflix night for this house. Back to work tomorrow..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

For you @Gremlinertia Alfie says hope you enjoyed your break 👍

Must pay a visit to Dunnes or Aldi for those fine pastries 🥮

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Aww he's so dapper, he got so lucky to land with you.

I love how his ears match his back markings.

Imagine if humans had this kind of colour coordination ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,402 ✭✭✭thomil

I’ll have to retract my previous opinion about the food here in hospital. The guys here are single-handedly rehabilitating hospital food. It may not be creative, and it could definitely do with more fresh fruit and vegetables, but every single solid meal I’ve had so far in here has been tasty and filling. It’s a far cry from Austria where the vegetable soup they gave you on Tuesday would be sold as pasta sauce on Wednesday…

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,919 ✭✭✭gifted

Kitchen table.....just cleared up after feeding the tribe....roast chicken and roasties....re roasting the carcass with s load of veggies to make stock...its a hundred times better than bought stuff.

Snap, making broccoli and cheddar soup with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Lidl have lovely custard slices in a fridge beside the bakery too if anyone is interested! 😋

Safe trekking Smurf, hope you have a good holiday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Addmagnet

Just had pasta in a homemade tomato sauce - may have been a touch too much chilli powder in it, but then again, considering the evening's chill, maybe not. 😃

It makes a huge difference to the soups...i put mine into plastic containers and use them for gravy and soups when needed....

Carcass and veggies are in the pot now for about 3-4 hours, thrn strained and presto....finished.

Im waiting for sausage rolls as well to go ping inbthe oven, eldest chick who hates me, loves me, hates me, loves me ...has asked me to make some

Teenager yes? Fun age 🙄

I'm starting to hear the Glenroe theme tune. 😥😰😱

Same here Leggy and its exceptionally loud tonight. 🙄🙁

Kitchen happy place, id love to be a stsy at home dad, im at my happiest here just messin about. Chicks have a selection of banana bread, soda bread and sausage rolls along with the good stuff 😁😁 for their big lunch in school for the next few days. Herself makes the lunches in the mornings so its handy to have these made.

• Advertisement

Sausage rolls 😍😍😍😍

Want to spend a week in my house @gifted? I'll even let you clean and wash the windows. 🤣

This Dahmer show sure beats the snot out of glenroe!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,952 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

@Gremlinertia , enjoy!

Wind rising here , can hear it outside. Once it stays out there all is good 😊

There was either a small amount of fireworks or a lot of gunshots a few minutes ago so I won't be going outside to check the weather 🤣🤣

You will have to give up your recipes now.Those are the most hearty rolls I've seen here.

I've eaten a big dinner but I'd totally manage a few sausage rolls

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭4Ad

I had a few drinks after going to a hurling game.

Car left in the Village so I will have to get up even earlier tmr morning and walk in for it, worth it as I had a good evening !!

• Advertisement

I'm ever so slightly less moody* than a teenage girl so your loss. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

*probably not enough to notice though.

I'm like a whale on the couch 🤣 someone make tea!

I'm starving and too lazy to get up for something, them fecking sausage rolls.

Shhh you'll wake the nightcrawler 😂

Some of us are busy stretching 😂😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Pissy Missy

Anyone for tea and toast on this cold morning? ☕🍞

I love Alfie's eyebrows! 😁

Alfie does doga, is that downward facing human?

• Advertisement

/slides over cup

Chairside here. I’m beginning to understand how the characters in “Waiting for Godot” must feel. But hey, the food is good and there’s a steady supply of biscuits 😃

/makes another scratch in the wall

Out for a coffee and a muffin with my better half

Beautiful sunny day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Pissy Missy

No prob, have some gourmet whiskey marmalade here too 😊

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,270 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

still in civilisation, amazing coffee on the street followed by some local beers, as Africa goes, Rwanda is still one of my favourite destinations. The people are amazingly friendly and luckily for us speak great English rather than French.

off to the boonies tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I've got to trudge up to the hospital and I'm not feeling it. Been absolutely hammered with migraine the last few days and all I want to do is sleep. On the plus side, Grumpy will be home soon.

Blocked out of my bank online.

Even though I entered the correct pin.

Pin changed via phone banking.

Still can't log in.

Try phone banking to resolve this. This accepts my new pin.

Wait for ages for a human to answer.

They ask do I have a Samsung or an iPhone. FFS. I said neither. I said the make and that it's an Android phone.

Anyway. Hopefully unblocked but have to wait until I try again.

Ah, the miracle of online banking! My commiserations, @SuperBowserWorld

Just go the news that it‘ll be another two days for me. Beginning to get cabin fever, but at least the wound is healing nicely, and the staff here at the Mercy are just stellar! Never thought that level of warmth could exist in a hospital environment! That and the food nearly make up for the decrepit building…

Up and trundle shortly, have already done a few hours correspondence this morning 🙄 Time to whip it all back into shape.

That's the worst thing about having time off, going back is torture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Grumpy coming home tomorrow. Half delighted but truthfully, half dreading it too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement