Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rush and Kenure Park

Options
  • 29-03-2021 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi there am considering a move to Rush and the area around Kenure Park appeals. Would appreciate any advice on the area as I don't know it at all.

Is Kenure a quiet spot, at my stage of life that's the really important factor, I don't want to live near a busy through road
    Is the vertical strip of land between Kenure Park and Golden Ridge Open Space or is it undeveloped (as yet) farmland.
    On travel I'm wondering if Skerries Rail Station is a better option than Rush/Lusk?.
    Also are there neighbourhood shops in Kenure or is Rush Main Street the nearest.

I always think its best to ask locals and get the basic knowledge before making a big decision.

Thanks folks and Stay Safe 'till Vaccine Day!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,894 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Kenure is fairly quiet.The road from the GAA to the main street (you can see it on google maps) is busy enough but still it's definitely not bad.It's a nice area, I like it myself.That strip of land you mention, I think that is due for development.
    Shops, no, main street is closest.There is a Tesco there at the gates of Kenure park.To be honest it is a very short distance from Kenure Park to main street so it isn't an issue.
    On that side of Rush, the Rush/Lusk train station is much closer than Skerries.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 lesfingal

Thank you very much for replying so promptly. I checked out the Local Area Plan and it suggests that the strip of land between Goldenridge and Kenure Park is reserved for a school campus. But then states ".........developments are significant in demonstrating that any school site reserved within the Goldenridge site would be surplus to requirement for the long-term future" referencing that other schools have found alternative sites in the Rush area. So I suppose that means an empty site of 3 acres and you are probably correct about development. Thanks for clarifying the other points it is much appreciated.

Regards and Stay Safe.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,894 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

The secondary school is due to be relocated to the field to the south of St Maur's GAA in the next few years, they have been given the go ahead for it. There is a Gaelscoil on the GAA land, I think that will get some of the same site as the secondary school.

Have to admit I didn't realise that site you mention was reserved for a school - I would be a little sceptical of that right now and maybe just assume further housing developments for the time being.
    It is a nice spot, have you driven out that way at all? I should have said that Kenure is one of the older developments in Rush and the age profile there is a bit older than in the newer housing estates.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Kenure is a nice place. The road going up to GAA can be busy at times but generally it is a very quiet mature residential area. Built in mid 70s a lot of original families are still there. It is close to everything 10 minute walk to main street, church, theater, GAA, Cricket and Tesco. Bus stop at Tesco and train station is 5 minute drive

Advertisement