Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sporting Countdown Sheep Reveal Thread

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

I think it took me a couple of years, keep trying :D

Well I'm not going anywhere if I can help it so I've got time ;)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Well done to lassy and aaron, nice sheeping there.

the purple tin is getting a collection of spoons recently to rival Mam of 4's :P

Great game Zaph, thank you for running. Nice sheepulating :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Thanks Zaph, a great game..

Delighted with the podium finish, bloody First Base!

Congrats to AJ and Lassy great sheeping!

Oh ecto

HA HA

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,279 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I couldn't in good conscience congratulate anyone that won a SHEEP using google.

Well the whole premise of the game was that I tried to pick a bunch of reasonably obscure or less popular sports that most people wouldn't have known the answers to to level the playing field and not give the sports fans too much of an unfair advantage. So the likelihood is that they would have had to google at least a good few of the answers too and that would open the game up to non-sports fans as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Great game Zaph cheers for running it.
    Congrats to the winners Aaron and lassy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Zaph wrote: »
    Well the whole premise of the game was that I tried to pick a bunch of reasonably obscure or less popular sports that most people wouldn't have known the answers to to level the playing field and not give the sports fans too much of an unfair advantage. So the likelihood is that they would have had to google at least a good few of the answers too and that would open the game up to non-sports fans as well.

Oh he knows that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Purgative

Trigger wrote: »

Delighted with the podium finish, bloody First Base!

Reminded me of line in Rainman ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Edser

Thanks Zaph, great game!

Congrats to the winners :)

Edser

• Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭lassykk

YESSSSSSSSS :D

Cheers for running Zaph.

Only got to read the reveal now and was annoyed with my netball decision as I thought it had cost me.

Good old ski jumping to the rescue.

Congrats to Aaron for the shared victory. I feel guilty as you were top all the way along I think

• Advertisement

100%. Mad sports fan but wouldn't have had a clue of the sumo or ski jumping questions without google

lassykk wrote: »
    100%. Mad sports fan but wouldn't have had a clue of the sumo or ski jumping questions without google

I love ski jumping, it's my favourite winter sports event. There's an even madder version called ski flying, where 220m+ jumps are normal and a few guys have gone over 250m. Those guys make the skeleton competitors look sane!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Well done Lassy and Aaron. That's some nice spooning...em...me! I thought I had got clear this time :(
    Nice reveal Zaph, thanks much for the game-first of many I hope.

Not really much point in posting pics of the respective stadiums, they’re pretty unremarkable from the outside and look the same inside, so instead here’s a pic of one of my favourite rikishi (sumo wrestler), the 67th Yokozuna (grand champion), Musashimaru.

musashimaru1c.jpg

Do you get points in sumo for playing with your own nipple?

Do you get points in sumo for playing with your own nipple?

No, only for playing with the other guy's nipples. It's a risky move though, if he gets your nipples first it's game over. :D

Haha.

I loved playing netball at school and wing attack was my usual position. I can’t believe more people didn’t go with Nitwit’s rule of picking the middle one.

Goal Shooter
    Goal Attack
    Wing Attack
    Centre
    Wing Defence
    Goal Defence
    Goal Keeper

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭EEFGGFEDCCDEED

Happy to finish mid table after a disastrous start.
    Could not bring myself to put Leinster (and that was before yesterday :().

Thanks Zaph and congrats to the winners!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭aaronjennings

FFS, that's twice now I've been a joint-winner, still yet to have a solo victory all to myself :pac:

Congratulations Lassy for the co-victory, and thanks for the great game, Zaph :)
    HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    (didn't Aaron lead a game recently from start right through to last question only to then get robbed at the final whistle?? if so, nice karma to ya!)

(if not, whoops, need to pay more attention to names!!)

I've had a few decent finishes lately, but I don't think that's happened, unless I've forgotten

• Registered Users Posts: 10,691 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Haha.

I loved playing netball at school and wing attack was my usual position. I can’t believe more people didn’t go with Nitwit’s rule of picking the middle one.

Goal Shooter
    Goal Attack
    Wing Attack
    Centre
    Wing Defence
    Goal Defence
    Goal Keeper
    I was so sure about centre that I almost went back and changed my rugby league answer from full back. Turned out both answers were crap anyway so it didn't really matter :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,359 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Missed the reveal but great catching up.

Thanks for the game Zaph, real fun theme.

Congrats to Arron and Lassy, great scoring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,812 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

FFS, that's twice now I've been a joint-winner, still yet to have a solo victory all to myself :pac:

Congratulations Lassy for the co-victory, and thanks for the great game, Zaph :)

I've had a few decent finishes lately, but I don't think that's happened, unless I've forgotten
    I've obviously got you mixed up with someone else - there was a game recently where someone led from the off, and literally on the last question got toppled! You'd remember, believe me!!!

Also, congrats to Lassykk on the joint win, I somehow read the results as a win and two joint seconds :o

I've obviously got you mixed up with someone else - there was a game recently where someone led from the off, and literally on the last question got toppled! You'd remember, believe me!!!

Also, congrats to Lassykk on the joint win, I somehow read the results as a win and two joint seconds :o

I think you might be thinking of Gru in Necro's AZ Bands, that was definitely a terrible fall from grace at the last :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,812 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I think you might be thinking of Gru in Necro's AZ Bands, that was definitely a terrible fall from grace at the last :eek:
    That was the one - The Trapper Files!

Shocker of a finish!!! :eek:

That was the one - The Trapper Files!

Shocker of a finish!!! :eek:

Where ZZ Top wasn't the Z trap. If I was Gru I'd be sueing Necro for damages :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Where ZZ Top wasn't the Z trap. If I was Gru I'd be sueing Necro for damages :D
    And to really put the tin hat on it, the trap was Ziggy feckin Marley :confused:
    What the Hell Necs?!

Advertisement