Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firestick and fire cube

Options
  • 23-03-2021 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭

Firesticks and fire TV cube all down in price on Amazon. Just ordered a TV cube and no problem having it shipped to Ireland.
    TV cube £109 = £60
    4k stick £59.95 = £39.95

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,393 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

lukeeman wrote: »
    Firesticks and fire TV cube all down in price on Amazon. Just ordered a TV cube and no problem having it shipped to Ireland.
    TV cube £109 = £60
    4k stick £59.95 = £39.95

Well spotted. Not a great price on 4k stick but seems like they are delivering to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,170 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Will Amazon Prime video work on the Firestick without VPN or the need to set your Amazon account as UK billed/addressed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭The Mulk

TV cube £109 = £60
    4k stick £59.95 = £39.95

Nice one ordered the cube, thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭lukeeman

Will Amazon Prime video work on the Firestick without VPN or the need to set your Amazon account as UK billed/addressed?

You will need a VPN ,I use Getflix DNS and find it great ,no problem watching Prime or any of the players (BBC, ITV).

No you don't need a VPN is you're happy with the general Irish Prime content.
    VPN only required for geo block
    You can also use it for other apps eg Netflix, Disney etc

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Argos are selling off loads of alexa devices today too, didnt see the 4k firestick but echo/echo dot etc all reduced.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

TV cube £109 = £60
    4k stick £59.95 = £39.95

Won't you get UK VAT taxed? Woidl end up being more expensive than buying directly from Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭antocann

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Won't you get UK VAT taxed? Woidl end up being more expensive than buying directly from Ireland.

UK vat gets deducted and irish added price generally still works out the same

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

antocann wrote: »
    UK vat gets deducted and irish added price generally still works out the same

I ordered 3 last week using address pal. I was told to pay about €25 in charges. Still waiting on them to be delivered.

I ordered 3 last week using address pal. I was told to pay about €25 in charges. Still waiting on them to be delivered.

Thats getting them delivered to the UK from amazon so irish and UK vat applies , if you order ones that can be sent direct here UK vat is removed and irish is added leaving the price nearly the same

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,619 ✭✭✭✭listermint

TV cube £109 = £60
    4k stick £59.95 = £39.95

You will have to pay vat and import fees on these.

People forget ordering anything over 22 value from the UK is a complete faff now a days

antocann wrote: »
    Thats getting them delivered to the UK from amazon so irish and UK vat applies , if you order ones that can be sent direct here UK vat is removed and irish is added leaving the price nearly the same

And import fees , so no.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭bromley52

TV cube £109 = £60
    4k stick £59.95 = £39.95

Their policy on shipping the Fire Stick to Ireland has only changed in the last week. I thought something might be up as Curry's Ireland have stopped selling it.
    As a side note I would expect an official RTE player app to be available soon as there is a TG4 app available.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭The Mulk

listermint wrote: »
    And import fees , so no.

I just ordered it direct to my Co. Kildare home address £60.49 or €71, it's fulfilled by their EU store

And import fees , so no.

It works out 50p more expensive than the uk price on the fire cube , the import fees on amazon are seriously low , as in your really just paying irish vat

• Registered Users Posts: 10,005 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I'm trying to convince myself that I don't need to upgrade my firestick lite I was able to order for delivery to Ireland last week (not due for a few weeks though). I have a 4k in another room and basically only want it as a stopgap until I can upgrade the TV. I already have an Alexa Show in the room so don't need the cube.... But I want it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

People forget ordering anything over 22 value from the UK is a complete faff now a days
    And import fees , so no.

Have you ordered from Amazon in the past 3 months?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,920 ✭✭✭dodzy

€47 delivered to the door now for the 4K stick if anyone’s interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

MrStuffins wrote: »

I got a 12p refund from them the other day due to them overcharging me on Irish VAT/Duties.

Caranica wrote: »
    I'm trying to convince myself that I don't need to upgrade my firestick lite I was able to order for delivery to Ireland last week (not due for a few weeks though). I have a 4k in another room and basically only want it as a stopgap until I can upgrade the TV. I already have an Alexa Show in the room so don't need the cube.... But I want it :D

Im struggling to see why id need an upgrade on my firestick 4k really

• Advertisement

MrStuffins wrote: »

Yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

Yesterday.

So why do you think ordering anything above 22 is a no-no?

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭lukeeman

I've ordered a good bit recently from Amazon ,I keep the order under €120 a time and have not paid any more than what Amazon have changed me , no UK vat just Irish and works out much the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,743 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

And import fees , so no.

no duty on anything under €150, so no.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,266 ✭✭✭✭ted1

But the UK VAT was deducted.

Amazon have always applied Irish VAT as they do more than €70K worth of sales

• Registered Users Posts: 10,267 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

ted1 wrote: »
    But the UK VAT was deducted.

Amazon have always applied Irish VAT as they do more than €70K worth of sales

If you use addresspal you get caught for UK vat (as Amazon delivered the items to a UK address) as well as import charges from UK to Ireland. Plus the addresspal charges too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭bromley52

dulpit wrote: »
    If you use addresspal you get caught for UK vat (as Amazon delivered the items to a UK address) as well as import charges from UK to Ireland. Plus the addresspal charges too.

Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em

Lets stop the VAT and duty chat. There's a massive thread on online buying forum with all these questions. Firestick chat is available on the android forum.
    From here on, chat is only related to the price, availability and bargains. Warnings for anyone who starts up about import fees etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Liamo_mu

Anyone see that you can now trade in old devices like First Sticks etc and get and get the latest one plus money off.

https://amzn.to/3cfLQqS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,267 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Liamo_mu wrote: »
    Anyone see that you can now trade in old devices like First Sticks etc and get and get the latest one plus money off.

https://amzn.to/3cfLQqS

£2.99 for a firestick 2nd gen...

Advertisement