Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

361 Days to Cheltenham 2022....

Options
  • 20-03-2021 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭

We go again lads!

361 days to Kilcruit laughing at them in the Supreme Novice Hurdle.....

In front of crowds!!.. Ccommee oonnnn

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

I love ya Rog

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

Where is the best place to get tickets for this? Was hoping to pick up tickets for the auld lad as a treat. Maybe head for the Thursday and Friday.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

The jockey club will have them wolfy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,226 ✭✭✭howiya

Tickets for the 2022 event will go on sale Tuesday 23 March at 1:30pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Frozen Veg

Which race will Envoi Allen go for?

Have a small ante post bet on him at 25/1 for the Champion Chase.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Think Allaho is a more likely CC contender for chevely tbh. Way he won the ryanair, you'd have to think he could be as easily effective over the shorter.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

We go again lads!

361 days to Kilcruit laughing at them in the Supreme Novice Hurdle.....

In front of crowds!!.. Ccommee oonnnn

Ballymore surely

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Monkfish for the gold cup

Think Allaho is a more likely CC contender for chevely tbh. Way he won the ryanair, you'd have to think he could be as easily effective over the shorter.

Could be a nice related double Allaho CC and Envoi Ryanair

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Could be a nice related double Allaho CC and Envoi Ryanair

Or Envoi GC? Or even Allaho GC....not sure you can rule anything out. Allaho CC and EA GC is my guess but an awful lot can and will happen in the next 12 months!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Coneygree

Good man Rog.

There's no way Allaho goes over two miles fwiw. Ryanair trip is golden, although you'd love to see him give 3 miles a proper go again.

Willie Mullins in the Post today. Dont know if this works out, but looks likely Allaho will get the chance to prove himself over 2m at Punchestown.

"Speaking after being named top trainer at the festival for the eighth time, Mullins said: "Allaho was our standout. I said he may look like a King George horse after the race but when I analysed it I thought we should be looking at a Champion Chase rather than Kempton.

"The way he jumps suggests he should drop back in trip. I haven't mentioned that to connections but his jumping is so slick and fast, I don't think it would be a big leap of faith to think he could be a Champion Chase horse.

"I think Punchestown could be a place to go and try [dropping back in trip]. When you race over three miles it's tough on them, I always think when you've got a champion hurdler or a champion chaser, it's easier to keep them sound and you can run them more often."

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Coneygree

I wouldn't say he jumps quick and slick at all, in fact he still almost bellies every jump because he's so heavy.

Was low at a couple, including the last and maybe the one at the top of the hill, otherwise i thought it was a pretty impressive round of jumping going a decent lick. 2m does admittedly pose even sterner questions. All opinions, of course.

Anyway, could be potentially looking at Allaho v Chacun v Put the kettle on at punch which would be some prospect. Thought notebook ran decent race in champion too so may be lively outsider if lining up.

If he was mine I'd be keeping him at 2 and half miles. I have been saying all along that it is his optimal trip.

Think it will be interesting to see what way envoi goes over the next 12 months though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Allaho will stick to Ryanair at Cheltenham I'd imagine but will go over 3 at Kempton in December
    Kilcruit will go Supreme, Sir Gerhard Ballymore I'd bet.
    The real question is, what kind of machine must Ferny Hollow be and what will his target be!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Allaho over 2m would be electric

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Toetohand

Allaho will stick to Ryanair at Cheltenham I'd imagine but will go over 3 at Kempton in December
    Kilcruit will go Supreme, Sir Gerhard Ballymore I'd bet.
    The real question is, what kind of machine must Ferny Hollow be and what will his target be!

Considering what he’s beaten Rog. I just hope they get him back sound and he’s not one of these niggly types. On form he is some yoke

Toetohand wrote: »
    Considering what he’s beaten Rog. I just hope they get him back sound and he’s not one of these niggly types. On form he is some yoke

On form he's the best horse in training!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Daraa

Glad you posted it Rog! :)

• Advertisement

Daraa wrote: »
    Glad you posted it Rog! :)

Just back from the cliffs Daraa lol

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

howiya wrote: »
    Tickets for the 2022 event will go on sale Tuesday 23 March at 1:30pm.

Presale open. Is there any need to rush out and buy tickets? Few of us going next year. Going to go with the club enclosure.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 wertyu12

Kilcruit in the supreme, ferny in the CH & Bob in the Marsh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Presale open. Is there any need to rush out and buy tickets? Few of us going next year. Going to go with the club enclosure.

I would say it will sell out pretty quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Rog like clockwork!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭Motivator

I keep going back on the form of some of the Irish winners during the week, incredible how much of it ties in together over the course of the year. What a shame there’ll be no crowds at Punchestown next month, I think it would be as good a spectacle as Cheltenham. The prize money is exceptional and although there’ll be no showdown between Willie and Gordon this year, some of the potential match ups over the course of the week will be brilliant.

I do think that whenever we get to return to the tracks, what we saw in Cheltenham will get people back racing. I think we saw a turning point for National Hunt racing and with more eyes on it than normal it couldn’t have come at a better time.

Fingers crossed we’ll be free to attend the festival next year, it’ll be some week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Motivator wrote: »
    I keep going back on the form of some of the Irish winners during the week, incredible how much of it ties in together over the course of the year. What a shame there’ll be no crowds at Punchestown next month, I think it would be as good a spectacle as Cheltenham. The prize money is exceptional and although there’ll be no showdown between Willie and Gordon this year, some of the potential match ups over the course of the week will be brilliant.

I do think that whenever we get to return to the tracks, what we saw in Cheltenham will get people back racing. I think we saw a turning point for National Hunt racing and with more eyes on it than normal it couldn’t have come at a better time.

Fingers crossed we’ll be free to attend the festival next year, it’ll be some week.

Would you be concerned tho about the Brit performance at Cheltenham? Is the flat racing now king in the UK ! Soon there will be no point in having a Prestbury cup

• Registered Users Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭Motivator

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Would you be concerned tho about the Brit performance at Cheltenham? Is the flat racing now king in the UK ! Soon there will be no point in having a Prestbury cup

British racing is of no concern to me, Irish racing is. Before COVID I went racing in the UK maybe 7 or 8 days a year but I’d go to maybe 70 Irish meetings on average every year. The BHA have a huge problem to deal with and the thing is there’s no quick fix. The prize money in the UK has been nothing short of a disgrace for years now and there’s still nothing being done about it, they can’t keep owners and I know an Irish jockey based in the UK who would love to come back to Ireland but knows he’s going to be starting at the bottom if he does - the quality of rider in Ireland is unbelievable. He reckons any of the top 5 in Ireland would win the UK jockeys championship.

Irish racing has never been so competitive, it just took Cheltenham this week to highlight this. Now, the 20+ different winning owners is an anomaly and probably won’t ever happen again but when I say competitive I mean the quantity of horses that we have here. Willie and Gordon will continue to dominate the numbers but de Bromhead has well and truly arrived and will get stronger. Gavin Cromwell has been a genius in my eyes for quite some time, if he gets some more horses off the back of this week then things can only get better for Irish racing. Once COVID goes and things open back up I think NH will see the good times come back in terms of numbers through the gates.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭piplip87

Dr. Bre wrote: »

No I woukdnt be concerned about the British Effort. Irish racing is a far superior product at the moment. Look at the Savilles Chase at Christmas, The Irish Gold Cup in Febuary and I'm sure the Punchestown Gold Cup will match that. We have the top 3 Mile Chasers in the country meeting three times a year for big prize money. Compare that too Henderson sending Samtini or Champ to an egg and spoon grade 2 for €20,000.

I think the HRI should get in on this big time. Offer €100,000 bonus for a horse who can win the Irish Gold Cup plus the Cheltenham one. Same with the Champion Hurdle and a few Punchestown races.

We still should be looking at getting the big guns in England over for our festivals. Theres an opportunity there to really make Ireland the home of National Hunt Racing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭piplip87

Any word on who is getting Jonbon ?

Advertisement