Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Reeling In The Years

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭its_steve116

I would like them to play "I'm Feeling It (In the Air)" by Mark McCabe for the 2017 episode, to make up for them not playing "Maniac" on the 2000 episode.

I'd also like to hear Fontaines DC, Villagers and James Vincent McMorrow on the show. Would LOVE to hear "Lawman" by Girl Band on the 2014 episode, it's got really cool riffs that sound like chainsaws. Unlikely they will though.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,223 ✭✭✭✭endacl

AllForIt wrote: »
    Oh God, I have it in my head now.

Do do do, doodle do dooooo!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,716 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

2018 will be some episode, thinking back now that year is almost nothing compared to what were going through now

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

They shouldn't make them so recent.

I saw fidget spinners in one clip...eh what? That's hardly something worth including. Likewise the Theresa Mannion clip in Galway.

From May 2020-2021 will be rubbish when they make it.

"People went on holidays...there was a resurgence in the virus...the end"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭Kunta Kinte

Pussyhands wrote: »
    From May 2020-2021 will be rubbish when they make it.

"People went on holidays...there was a resurgence in the virus...the end"

Which will not be until sometime in the 2030s assuming RTE are still around then.

Pussyhands wrote: »
    They shouldn't make them so recent.

I saw fidget spinners in one clip...eh what? That's hardly something worth including. Likewise the Theresa Mannion clip in Galway.

You'd be surprised when we see the 2010/2011/2012 episodes in terms of remembering things and songs

The early 2000s episodes brought back a lot of stuff i forgot

What songs would we all like to hear on the show? I think my choices (see post #32) are pretty good. I just hope they don't play it too safe. As I said I think that song by Girl Band would be a great choice for the 2014 edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭thebronze14

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Looking forward to this

Don't worry if you miss the first airing it will no doubt be repeated many many times

Virgins 'Don't Look back in anger' was good but its no reeling in the years

Siar na 70's/80's/90's is well worth a watch. More local angles and some unintentionally hilarious incidents and characters!

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭thebronze14

I would like them to play "I'm Feeling It (In the Air)" by Mark McCabe for the 2017 episode, to make up for them not playing "Maniac" on the 2000 episode.

I'd also like to hear Fontaines DC, Villagers and James Vincent McMorrow on the show. Would LOVE to hear "Lawman" by Girl Band on the 2014 episode, it's got really cool riffs that sound like chainsaws. Unlikely they will though.
    Don't think the point is to highlight some niche enough music, has to be some of the most popular music from the decade in keeping with the other ones

• Advertisement

Don't think the point is to highlight some niche enough music, has to be some of the most popular music from the decade in keeping with the other ones

I kind of understand, but some of their music choices in past episodes have been terrible.

If they don't play any of those X Factor singers I'm good with that.

Gangnham Style will surely be in it.

Ed Sheeran breaking through will also be in it I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,524 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

What songs would we all like to hear on the show? I think my choices (see post #32) are pretty good. I just hope they don't play it too safe. As I said I think that song by Girl Band would be a great choice for the 2014 edition.

They'll play whatever was the biggest song at the time.

I'd imagine there's zero chance that any of the ones you've suggested will appear.

I assume Ed Sheeran, One Direction and Adele will feature prominently.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭OU812

Looking forward to seeing this, but would love if rather than every decade, they could do an episode a year or even every five years.

Here's the Mark McCabe song I was talking about; it was something of a comeback hit for him around 2017/2018. Since they didn't play "Maniac 2000" in the 2000 episode I think this song in the 2017 episode would compensate for that.

It's essentially a remake of Nalin & Kane's "Beachball", but a good song nonetheless.

I know from the promos that Hozier will be used on the show.

Who's excited?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭ongarite

Damn volcano ruining air travel!!!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Never knew who sung that song.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,069 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

We thought we had troubles then !

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

The censored version of Horse Outside is unintentionally comedic.

'Looks like Billie Piper after half a bag of jokes'

• Advertisement

Jesus 'Horse outside' is that old

Remember went it that Munster vs Leinster game

• Registered Users Posts: 10,679 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Amy and Drico 11 years married who thought it be this long
    and 11 years since horse outside

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

'Actor and writer... Amy Huberman'.

Hmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,679 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Damn I feel old

Poor auld Dave Fanning looked awful shook that day.

Jesus how are some of these events 10/11 years ago

Hoping for some Paul the Octopus content.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

budgese wrote: »
    Really excited about this until I realised that ten weeks later I will be waiting another ten years for the next installment! Not sure how to handle that.

This series is not as exciting as the 1970s 1980s ones, which were released in the early 00s when the internet was still growing and we rarely saw clips from these decades, except on TV shows.

Now the new series of 2010 etc clips can be accessed in a second on You Tube.

Good segue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭ongarite

Paddy Cosgrave

Holy fuxk, that has aged badly!!

Advertisement