Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you similar in real life to your online personality?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

No.

Too risky having honest opinions on things these days in person.

I have the same opinions with my close friends though.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭BuboBubo

Im a bit of a biatch on here.

Im a total biatch in real life ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,528 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Katgurl wrote: »
    Yes but I've found reactions are very different. It really drives home how much people are influenced by appearance.

I’ve noticed this, myself. The level of disrespect I receive on here compared to in real life is, sometimes, staggering.

Granted, it is only from a small “cohort” mostly made of scrawny, weak-chinned, geeky lads and other, overweight, incel types. Neither of these groups would dare try it “in person”.

Thankfully, my cordial, and confident, personality “shines through” on this site and I would have a number of, I wouldn’t call them friends but, acquaintances, both male and female, who make the place more fun and enjoyable.

I would see anger and jealousy coming off a number of the, more, “inadequate” posters on here. I would imagine they are just the same in real life.

The tide is turning…

Advertisement