Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Private profiles - please note that profiles marked as private will soon be public. This will facilitate moderation so mods can view users' warning histories. All of your posts across the site will appear on your profile page (including PI, RI). Groups posts will remain private except to users who have access to the same Groups as you. Thread here
Some important site news, please read here. Thanks!

Is Cody's pond a protected area?

• 16-03-2021 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭ friendlyfun

I'm curious about this, seems the place has always been filled with frogs and newts etc. Coady's?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,242 ✭✭✭✭ Wanderer78
    Banned

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭ Azatadine

Looks like they did all of the roadworks there and didn't disturb it anyway. I assume that must have been a stipulation or they would not have been so careful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭ friendlyfun

I was up there today and they seem to have large green fencing around it. The pond itself was a bit in need of tidying (a traffic cone was chucked in it).

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭ gw80

I remember catching newts in it years ago and as far as I know newts and where they live are protected

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭ friendlyfun

gw80 wrote: »
    I remember catching newts in it years ago and as far as I know newts and where they live are protected

Same with frogs I believe too. An interesting spot nonetheless, I'd say so many Waterford people particularly from "the top of the town" have fond memories of going there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement