Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BRS alternatives

• 12-03-2021 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭

Does your club use an alternative tee time booking system for BRS? We use it. its very pricey...about €2500 a year. I am thinking of jumping ship if i can find a good, reliable booking system. i was chatting to a fella in the uk who has a booking system for £500/year. i get the sense that he is doing it on his own. Like, with BRS you know they are a very professionally run crowd....but that price :(

I know there is heaps of stuff i could be doing with BRS, but members and visitors bookings, we don't use it for a whole lot else. So, if i change form BRS am i really gonna lost out on much?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Does your club use an alternative tee time booking system for BRS? We use it. its very pricey...about €2500 a year. I am thinking of jumping ship if i can find a good, reliable booking system. i was chatting to a fella in the uk who has a booking system for £500/year. i get the sense that he is doing it on his own. Like, with BRS you know they are a very professionally run crowd....but that price :(

I know there is heaps of stuff i could be doing with BRS, but members and visitors bookings, we don't use it for a whole lot else. So, if i change form BRS am i really gonna lost out on much?

chronogolf is ****e

that's the only advice i can give you from a user point of view.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Walter Alright

Our Club is moving from the BRS system to ClubV1 later in the year for Tee Time Booking.

Anyone using ClubV1 at the moment and is it any good? I like BRS, find the app very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 787 ✭✭✭RGS

We use clubnet which is IMO a better option than BRS.

I think a regular poster on boards is involved in clubnet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

I spent most of last year researching this and we are very limited in options in Ireland.

Firstly, 2500 is cheap for BRS. You can get it for free and just give up lines in timesheet for green fees.

You might not like BRS but it’s the best system in the market place by a long way. It could be better but the reporting, communication, timesheet etc is the best plus the wider benefits with Green fees.

I am planning to move away from BRS to a UK system called intelligent golf but it’s a complete golf package. Membership, comp, handicap, invoicing, marketing, communication, inter club, epos, app etc. it’s very expensive but I believe it’s worth it for work efficiency and membership experience.

It’s booking system is amazing but doesn’t cater for a lot of different comp types. In the uk they play stableford nearly all the times as we like to play 4balls and scrambles etc and UK systems don’t caterer for this enough. This is generally with most UK booking systems.

I don’t want to talk negatively about other systems but I can’t recommend them either. ClubV1 is good and next best.

But you buy these as a package.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Arnold54321

Excellent post Ollieboy.

Not a fan of chronogolf, don’t find it user friendly in the slightest. Always thought, and still do, BRS is the best in the business but realise it’s doesn’t come cheap.

• Advertisement
Advertisement