Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Payroll online course

Options
  • 12-03-2021 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Can anyone give advice on what payroll course for someone who works in accounts but does not do payroll. They have been offered the job instead of their accountants doing it. It would mean taking up a payroll course preferably online as they are working during the day. Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,819 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I'm pretty certain ipass is the one completed by our payroll team.

The Irish Payroll Association (IPASS) offer online courses and some other providers do as well (my local Institute of Technology does them). I'm self-taught in payroll and the vast majority of it is automated now anyway with PAYE modernisation. If the person is financially-minded which I'm assuming they are then courses aren't always necessary. The payroll software providers generally have great helplines too.

https://ipass.ie/online-learning/

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Denzel123

Thanks for the replies. There is a practical payroll online course IPASS listed has anyone done this. It seems 2 mornings over 2days . Would that course be sufficient

Denzel123 wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies. There is a practical payroll online course IPASS listed has anyone done this. It seems 2 mornings over 2days . Would that course be sufficient

It'd be a great starting point and there's a follow-on course after that if needed. The software really does do the vast majority of the work these days and it's stuff like parental leave, sick pay etc. that take a little bit of thought. The payroll software providers generally have helplines where you can phone in with queries on things you're doing for the first time so once you're using the software correctly it's pretty straight forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Denzel123

It'd be a great starting point and there's a follow-on course after that if needed. The software really does do the vast majority of the work these days and it's stuff like parental leave, sick pay etc. that take a little bit of thought. The payroll software providers generally have helplines where you can phone in with queries on things you're doing for the first time so once you're using the software correctly it's pretty straight forward.

Thanks Bootsy that’s good to know. What software do you use.

• Advertisement

We have BrightPay and had Thesaurus before. I've also used Collsoft before - all of them are Irish companies and their payroll support are based in Ireland.

Advertisement