Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Query regarding Esb limit

Options
  • 12-03-2021 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭

I am running at 5.5kw between two inverters (2.5 + 3) here at the minute. Looking at maybe hybrid in summer for storage but am restricted by the 6kw limit as would like to put in at least a 3.6kw Solis if not a 4kw. My first install had a 2.5 installed so would bring me to 6.1kw or 6.5 then combined.
    I know the limit is 6kw. Noticed good few posts lately of people mentioning much higher inverter power and limiting export. Is this possible as thought bad inverters could be max 6kw combined. Also if sending in an nc6 would this be an issue.
    No satisfactory answers from either of the solar warehouses here and Esb networks not responding to my query. Any help greatly appreciated cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,741 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I am aware of folk that have just expanded past the 6kWp and done nothing.
    You say you will hit 6.5kWp but will you really?
    If all 6.5kWp South facing then on a rare day, but I'd assume you have multi aspects so in reality between generation and house load (and battery top up if you go hybrid) would you really need to worry about putting more than 6kW back to the grid?

I'm hoping to add a 4kWp inverter to my current 6kWp inverter later in the year but I cannot see a scenario where I'll ever have 6kW pumping back into the grid

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭lightson

So if you add more panels or second inverter. Do you have to do new NC6?

Advertisement