Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dispute Warning yet others not told off for being vile

Options
  • 11-03-2021 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

I wish to dispute a warning given to me & upheld so far for being ' uncivil '.

It was a combination of https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058165520&page=53

AND THE OTHER THREAD

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058042337.

I was unfairly disadvantaged. Here is my argument...

BTW I accidentally posted in the old Thread as I had been looking at the old one - human error but it is still odd that I was told I was uncivil while others are let off unless I submit a complaint. They were much more vile to me in language and ridicule.

Oh ALSO I was accused BY debater of not having responded to valid queries or holes during the current Thread over the previous Thread. Nobody was accused of being uncivil or snidey about that, yet Boards is accusing me of being snidey for refuting with evidence.

Yes I want to appeal based upon the below. I also want to know you can class me as uncivil yet let people bully me on the previous Thread as well as calling me a Muppet in this Thread. For your Reference on the previous Thread I was even backed up.

On the current Thread I was told I was ' rightly mocked '. I think Boards/ the Moderator is being biased rather than allowing the debate. I was always civil unlike response that I received.
    Aufbau wrote: »
    Fair play, Skippyme. You started a discussion on toxic masculinity harming men, and the lads who think they're disagreeing with you put on a textbook display of schoolyard bullying ��

I think you are being unfair as they are talking about cancel culture.

They used cancel culture on me. It was the same theme and members from the previous thread have also commented on the newer thread to dismiss me, however, the debates are closely related & the arguments used against me flow from the same reservoir.

They are being unfairly advantaged if I can't say they tried to cancel me & proove the inequality of their approach to the debate. I certainly was not uncivil even after I was called a Muppet on the existing thread. I want to appeal your sanction or warning after much abuse was let slide on https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058042337

Comments

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

The above is incoherent to say the least and is reading more like a rant at boards/moderators/other posters than arguing a yellow card, which is what I think you are trying to do here.

Collect your thoughts, come back to the thread with a clear link to the post that was carded, and the singular reason you think it wasn't justified and we can have a discussion. Drag in any more threads from other forums or whataboutery regarding other people's posts and your appeal will be closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Skippyme

Tokyo the yellow carded post has been removed by the Mod but it was on https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058042337&page=11.

The previous post in the Dispute Resolution were literally replies I had sent to the Mod.

It was human error on my part to post to my older Thread, however it was in no way* uncivil.

I was called a ' Muppet ' while responding to somebody's separate newer Thread . I was told that because of my opinion I was ' rightly mocked '. To refer back to my appeal it is because I was not abusive. I never used any form of abuse whatsoever. I was abused but nobody was tackled & I would say I was actually bullied in the old Thread.

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

So, to be clear, the yellow card has been removed from your account, and you have nothing to actually dispute here, yes?

Tokyo, if the yellow card has been removed, then your last reply is the 1st I knew that it was gone.

I have found the way Boards reps reply to me to be totally tainted with disdain, & totally without concern regarding others being abusive to me as I had stated.

If topics I discuss; or the way that I debate remains within community guidelines & is not intentionally or otherwise uncivil then feedback to my appeals & concerns should also be treated calmly & courteously without obvious contempt & without unbiased leanings.

In the same Thread I was told that I was ' rightly mocked ' & name called & was vehemently abused when I had started an older Thread.

It should not be one rule for some - while others gang up on me.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,533 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

skippyme

The first thread you linked is in the Current Affairs forum

The second one, where you picked up the yellow, is in the Gentlemen's Club

They are different forums with different rules and different moderators

I think Tokyo may have been confused by that first link you provided

Have you attempted to resolve this with the mod issuing the card, ancapailldorcha?

• Advertisement

Hi Beastly,

Thanks for your detailed reply.

Yes I have raised it with ancapailldorcha & I appealed it with ancapailldorcha but was then instructed still by private message to lodge instead with Dispute Resolution.

I was told that I was uncivil.
    You can see from my 1st post in the Dispute Resolution Forum that I have posted my responses to ancapailldorcha as I argued that I was never uncivil in any way - & I admitted human error over the historic Thread.

It does grate on me that there never seems to be any infraction generated by others name calling or bullying me - even when others pointed it out in The Gentlemen's Club.
    I pointed it out myself in Current Affairs/IMHO as I was told ' you were rightly mocked ' according to TomTomTim & called a ' muppet ' by klaz.
    Ironically The Gentlemen's Club were more abusive overall maybe because that was a Thread that I started.
    Hi,

If you have a problem with posts, you should report them as moderators do not pre-screen posts in advance.

I'm upholding the warning. You can appeal in DRP.
    It's the dispute resolution forum. You can post a thread there to begin your appeal.

I consider this matter resolved and will not be replying to any more of these messages.

Would it be okay to ask what is happening with this please ?

There seems to have been some confusion on what you were arguing from the outset. As you have tried to engage with the mod, I'll make the CMods aware of this.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Hi Skippyme, I'm looking into this for you. I have to say it's quite baffling. You dug up your old thread from a year ago and quoted your own post from early on in the thread, in which you seem to be having a go at anyone who doesn't agree with your theories. You selected only parts of the post to quote, which tells me that you were selective so you intended to repost it. Did you think you were posting it in another thread/another forum?

Hi Dizzyblonde, yes I did that by accident as I meant to quote in another thread but I admitted that was innocent human error.

What's worse is being told that I was uncivil without any merit.

The least popular opinion does not warrant others abusing me while I debate as an individual.

I feel that the Mod was biased - & even on the older thread although another user stated that I was getting bullied no Mod ever took action or cited infractions to anybody > Please be fair & caution users that actively obviously have bullied me.
    Skippyme wrote: »
    I wish to dispute a warning given to me & upheld so far for being ' uncivil '.

BTW I accidentally posted in the old Thread as I had been looking at the old one - human error but it is still odd that I was told I was uncivil while others are let off unless I submit a complaint. They were much more vile to me in language and ridicule.

Oh ALSO I was accused BY debater of not having responded to valid queries or holes during the current Thread over the previous Thread. Nobody was accused of being uncivil or snidey about that, yet Boards is accusing me of being snidey for refuting with evidence.

Yes I want to appeal based upon the below. I also want to know you can class me as uncivil yet let people bully me on the previous Thread as well as calling me a Muppet in this Thread. For your Reference on the previous Thread I was even backed up.

On the current Thread I was told I was ' rightly mocked '. I think Boards/ the Moderator is being biased rather than allowing the debate. I was always civil unlike response that I received.

I think you are being unfair as they are talking about cancel culture.

They used cancel culture on me. It was the same theme and members from the previous thread have also commented on the newer thread to dismiss me, however, the debates are closely related & the arguments used against me flow from the same reservoir.

They are being unfairly advantaged if I can't say they tried to cancel me & proove the inequality of their approach to the debate. I certainly was not uncivil even after I was called a Muppet on the existing thread. I want to appeal your sanction or warning after much abuse was let slide on https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058042337

Hi Beastly,

Yes I have raised it with ancapailldorcha & I appealed it with ancapailldorcha but was then instructed still by private message to lodge instead with Dispute Resolution.

You can see from my 1st post in the Dispute Resolution Forum that I have posted my responses to ancapailldorcha as I argued that I was never uncivil in any way - & I admitted human error over the historic Thread.

It does grate on me that there never seems to be any infraction generated by others name calling or bullying me - even when others pointed it out in The Gentlemen's Club.
    I pointed it out myself in Current Affairs/IMHO as I was told ' you were rightly mocked ' according to TomTomTim & called a ' muppet ' by klaz.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Hi again,

The moderator has given me copies of all the private messages between you, so I've had a chance to try to and figure out what actually transpired. You didn't mention posting in error until your fourth PM to the moderator. And also, clicking "quote" will only quote the post into that same thread - it won't quote a post into a thread that's in a completely different forum.

In the absence of any evidence to the contrary, what I see is you having revived a one year old thread in order to have another go at posters who didn't agree with you, and yes that is uncivil. So I'm afraid my decision is to uphold the warning. You're entitled to have an Admin take a look if you're not happy with this decision.

In general, you might want to review your style of posting on Boards because I've noticed that a lot of your posts seem more like argument than debate.

Dizzyblonde I had already included my replies to the Mod as below.

Anyway referring to human error it was due to me having multiple tabs open which meant that yes it resulted in me replying to my own archived thread - human error completely innocent with no intention to break the rules.

It was still intended to be posted but in the newer thread because -
    like I say cancel culture was being used on me which had also happened in the older thread when the old thread was new.

As for being uncivil I was pointing out that cancel culture & bullying was all over me in the older thread & did involve some of the same boards users.
    Tokyo the yellow carded post has been removed by the Mod but it was on https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058042337&page=11.

The previous post in the Dispute Resolution were literally replies I had sent to the Mod.

I was called a ' Muppet ' while responding to somebody's separate newer Thread . I was told that because of my opinion I was ' rightly mocked '. To refer back to my appeal it is because I was not abusive. I never used any form of abuse whatsoever. I was abused but nobody was tackled & I would say I was actually bullied in the old Thread.

In general, you might want to review your style of posting on Boards because I've noticed that a lot of your posts seem more like argument than debate.

I must argue this in terms of both my above argument so far in this current post as above ... but also because the debate Topic itself is actually regarding a form of bullying & psychological abuse & conditioning. It is just a sideways step from racism. They ganged up on me & used techniques from blunt to underhanded to demeaning in order to quantify their approach which was that men deserve to be bullied as well as excluded for not conforming.
    Aufbau wrote: »
    Fair play, Skippyme. You started a discussion on toxic masculinity harming men, and the lads who think they're disagreeing with you put on a textbook display of schoolyard bullying ��

I pointed it out myself in Current Affairs/IMHO as I was told ' you were rightly mocked ' according to TomTomTim & called a ' muppet ' by klaz...

Dizzyblonde please escalate on my behalf.

Oh & as the Topic I referred to is a form of bullying - I cannot discuss that theme without condemning it, yet others wanted to shut me down entirely & shut me up attempting to say it's okay to bully just because / depending on certain circumstances.

It is not okay for me to be bullied on here - just like it's not okay for me to condone that it's not bullying because we are men.

Racism is not widely acceptable anymore, even casual racism or unintentional racism is called out. They took a vitriolic approach to shooting me down in terms of ganging up on me & doing their level best to demean me & men in general for not conforming to sexism.

Admin review here.

This entire DRP has been disjointed from the get-go, but Dizzyblonde hit the nail on the head when she said that you dug up an old thread just to take a potshot at other posters. Even if we were to buy into the 'human error' angle, you were still taking a potshot. If you genuinely don't believe you were, then some self examination as to how to debate might be in order.

Card upheld, and marking as resolved.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement