Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Creed 3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,245 ✭✭✭✭ 2smiggy

hopefully he is involved. Creed 2 was OK, but really enjoyed Creed 1 and the last Rocky film

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭ S.M.B.

Handing over directing reigns to MBJ is a little surprising. Hope he can deliver something at least as good as the sequel, I think it may be a bit ambitious to think he can match the quality of the original.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭ speedboatchase

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1369769958251630595

Michael to direct and star, but is Sly involved?

He has to be involved in some way, since the series so far has been so reliant on the predecessors. I personally think having Drago's son as the opponent in Creed 2 was a misstep and limited the new audience it was supposedly going for. I hope there's a completely new opponent and less of a focus on Rocky.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭ CatFromHue

I personally think having Drago's son as the opponent in Creed 2

I'm sure Clubber Lang has a son :P

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ ziedth

I actually enjoyed creed 2 and thought 1 was excellent. Hard to see where they could go with it to be honest that hasn't been done already in the previous Rocky films.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,454 ✭✭✭✭ Agent Coulson

Jonathan Majors In Talks To Square Off Against Michael B. Jordan In Boxing Ring For ‘Creed III’
    MGM and first-time director Michael B. Jordan have set their sights on Lovecraft Country star Jonathan Majors to be his adversary in the ring for Creed III, sources said. Negotiations are underway for Majors to star in the film as Adonis Creed’s ring nemesis.

https://deadline.com/2021/06/jonathan-majors-creed-iii-in-talks-michael-b-jordan-boxing-ring-nemesis-1234767788/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭ speedboatchase

Please don't be Clubber Lang's son...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭ artvanderlay

Please don't be Clubber Lang's son...

Agreed. I didn't really like Creed 2 because it had too many ties to the past. Creed 1 was great, and, while it obviously was tethered to the past of the franchise, it felt like a fresh beginning, but recycling too much of the past is going to kill this franchise. I hope Rocky does die before this movie begins, so we are in uncharted territories. One of the things I didn't like about Creed was the feeling that his world was so small: he's the world champion, and it's him, his wife and Rocky. Where's everybody else? Where's the entourage? The business guys? Etc. Hopefully they will expand that aspect, and shine some light on the ugly, inside world of boxing. I'd like to see Creed kill a guy in the ring and struggle with that. It would be a dilemma for the character, echoing the death of his own father, and give Jordan a chance to act his bollocks off.

Either that or Rocky comes out of retirement to face Creed and give him the fight denied his father :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭ Mrs Gilhooley

I thought 2 was a bore but the first was great so would have hopes

Advertisement