Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XII (The Byrne Supremacy)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Lord Palmerston

That record was subsequently broken - Saracens v Harlequins at Wembley in March 2014 sold 83,889 tickets, and holds the record.

Though, match reports of the game estimate that at least 7,000 of the seats were empty on the day of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭SaoPaulo41

• Registered Users Posts: 4,153 ✭✭✭A-Train

The interactive map is now live and it looks like only single seats left.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,710 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Bulls have named a full strength side for the Munster game. We need the Bulls to drop points somewhere, but I doubt it'll be this game.

Need to go as strong as possible for the Lions, and pick up a win. View any potential points gained on the Stormers as a bonus.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

That's the overall record now , but it wasn't a CC game it was a Premiership game , so the opportunity to set a new Champions Cup record is still there.

• Advertisement

70,000 tickets now sold. I think there's a good chance Northampton send some of their allocation back too. They'll be snapped up quickly. Place will be swimming with Leinster fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭bingobango12

70,000 in a day and 2 hours is incredible. Heading for a sell out.

Mix and Match team selected. Only 6 players in the squad who took part against La Rochelle. Great to see Ngatai back.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭durthacht

Barron seems to be selected ahead of McKee quite a lot this season, which seems a reversal from last year.

Hope Clarkson continues his improvement in this tour.

I like the backs , lots of pace , backrow also very decent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Lord Palmerston

McKee was injured in the opening game of the season, and then only got back to fitness around January. It looks like Barron has moved ahead of him since.

I quite like both players in different ways - Barron is closer to Sheehan in being dynamic in the loose (obviously not remotely to the same extent), but McKee seems a very solid nuts and bolts hooker.

If I were Munster I would be trying to lure either of them south, as I think they both have far higher ceilings than any of their current options.

If rumours are to be believed, Munster are already trying to steal away Jack Boyle.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

Probably more seats will become available if NH don't use their full allocation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

I thought it was curtains on Barrons Leinster career last season when he only lasted 36 minutes at altitude against the Lions but to his credit he's improved greatly this season and is deservedly ahead of McKee.

4 senior hookers is a lot to carry in a squad especially seeing as Gus McCarthy is a very highly rated prospect.

I can see Leinster making a case to keep them all as Sheehan and Kelleher will be involved in every Ireland squad for at least the next season but I can see one of Barron or McKee being tempted South or West with both having a pretty valid argument that they could and should be top choice there

• Registered Users Posts: 11,322 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Only tickets that remain are standing tickets in the Nally Terrace.

That is an insane take-up in that timeframe.

I have seen a few comments on James Ryans rucking technique as a stick to beat him with.

There are - an admittedly small - number of people who don't consider his actions to ever be legal. That he flies off his feet, that he's dangerous, he's a red card waiting to happen etc etc etc.

Ryan would have multiple ruck involvements a game. Especially given his fitness and work rate he's normally first arrival.

The stats don't add up. Hitting numerous rucks numerous times a game he's never once been red or yellow carded or cited for dangerous play. I recall him getting pinged once this season for a neck roll and that has been it.

The mans accuracy in the breakdown is one of the best I have ever seen. And crucial to Ireland and Leinster playing with quick ball

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭mailforkev

Very glad I didn’t wait til today to pick up tickets, didn’t expect it to sell that quickly. That’s over 130k seats sold in a couple of weeks between the quarter and semi, mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,322 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Would you not assume that their allocation would have expired at the same time as Leinsters and whatever was unused was back in the bigger pot?

I have been frustrated with Leinsters behind the scenes communications and tactics for a long time. There are a lot of facets that are lacking and probably still will.

But I do need to give credit where it is due this is one of the best ever 2 weeks or so I can recall being a Leinster fan.

The back to back wins in a nearly full Aviva, finally beating LAR. Signing Jordie Barrett. Keeping Dan Sheehan. Tickets for a Croke Park semi absolutely flying out the door. The RDS finally getting done up.

Times are really good lads.

The more I think of it the more I think the lack of squad info to South Africa and especially this Lions game has been to keep the fire lit on Croke Park and the Semi.

Risky tactic. Maybe a bit of a 2 fingers to the URC. But everything Leinster related that I can see this week has been focused on trying to get as many of the 82k seats filled. Rightly or wrongly, advertising the Lions game will not do this.

Credit where its due timing this wonderful crescendo to getting us a potential sell out in Croker. The hype around Leinster is just class right now.

And my favourite part is the amount of bitter fans of other provinces who have bought tickets and are going to support Northampton. Cheers folks for the revenue. It'll fill Tupous bank account nicely 😂 if you're that worried about Leinsters unfair financial advantage…. stop buying tickets to our games

(Obligatory this is obviously a tiny minority of fans and they do not represent the majority of usually fantastic and passionate supporters we have. But I did see the psom pod guys are doing it as are several folks in Whatsapp groups I'm in)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,153 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

I was at that game - or at least it was the claimed to be the world record at the time - and there was no way in hell the attendance numbers were what they claimed to be. Clearly counted tickets given away for free or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Strand1970

Over 170k if u count the leicester game

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭jonok28

Its a shame that the EPCR pocket the money generated from tickets from this game. The Leicester, La Rochelle and this game would have netted Leinster a fortune. At least they made a serious wad of cash on the last 16 and quarter final matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

Did theirs go through Ticketmaster as well? In that case, you're probably right.

Guess I'll hold onto my crappy seat at the in-goal area after all.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

And my favourite part is the amount of bitter fans of other provinces who have bought tickets and are going to support Northampton. Cheers folks for the revenue. It'll fill Tupous bank account nicely 😂 if you're that worried about Leinsters unfair financial advantage…. stop buying tickets to our games

Leinster don't get a penny of that revenue - well they do eventually , but every single club in the URC will get exactly the same amount of revenue from the Semi-Final.

The ERC collect the money and split the profits 3 ways between the RFU, FRU and URC who in turn distribute the revenue equally among their members clubs.

Now , anyone who bought a ticket to support the opposition in the previous 2 rounds , Leinster got all that money so thanks are due there!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

At the risk of being the Angry Man With Bad Eyesight, I hate team sheets posted as twitter links. I have to tap three times before I can zoom in enough to read the names!

Tomorrow is the first time in a long time I want Munster to win, they could do us a massive favour.

I used to always want to see Munster do well when playing ,but not anymore thanks to their fans . They act like honest gaurdians of all things good in Irish rugby. To me they are just bitter.

Anyway for us we need 5 pts off Lions as we will struggle to get anything off stormers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,286 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Team sheets should be listed 15-9 and 1-8 like it used to be.

WOW WOW GAME IS SOLD OUT!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Hey_Ho_Lets_Go_3

well known that they cant develop their own props.. would be a massive shame to lose him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭hold my beer

Advertisement