Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most basic video editor to combine multiple MP4s and add a bit of text/sound?

Options
  • 08-03-2021 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭

Need something basic to

- Snip some videos
    - Combine the results
    - Perhaps add some text or an image with text in between them

preferably free and something I can learn and use within an hour :)

Is the built in Windows 10 movie editor good enough?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

ah it's fine I got a 3 month trial subscription to Adobe Premier Pro... might not be easiest but I guess it's good to learn the proper software

• Registered Users Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

DaVinci Resolve Lite for when your premiere trial runs out. It's not basic but it's worth getting over the learning curve

• Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

DaVinci Resolve Lite for when your premiere trial runs out. It's not basic but it's worth getting over the learning curve

Their website is a bit daunting to use.. fonts need a magnifying glass but I eventually found the form to create the download

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support/download/5e3b5057ee464cfdaf2f50011245aa3a/Windows

Camtasia- by techsmith- about 250 euro - excellent features and easy to learn - but Microsoft movie maker should work fine for you if you have it for the job you’ve outlined

• Registered Users Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

mrcheez wrote: »
    Their website is a bit daunting to use.. fonts need a magnifying glass but I eventually found the form to create the download

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support/download/5e3b5057ee464cfdaf2f50011245aa3a/Windows

yes and it has a few pointy edges, very hard to figure out how to use the first time but stick with it, easily hangs around any of the big 3 Media composer, Final cut, or Premiere

• Advertisement
Advertisement