Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Waterford City, is Gracedieu - Carn Glas a good area?

Options
  • 07-03-2021 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello, I've been living in Dublin for the past five years(I'm not from Ireland), and my company is now remote forever, so I and my bf decided to move to Waterford for some time to run away from the rent prices in Dublin.

I have been looking into some houses to rent. And we are looking into the Gracedieu area (there is a nice house to rent in Carn Glas), and because we can't go there right now to visit, we were wondering how the area is safe and quiet. We want some peace as we both work from home.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,831 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

relatives rented there for a while, seemed absolutely fine to me, but that was a couple of years ago so things might be different now, but id say you ll be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭azimuth17

Friend of mine lives there, no hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Lived there for a long time. No trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭BBM77

Agree with what has been said. Also, maybe you know this but it is the prefect side of Waterford if you have to go to Dublin frequently. If you are doing the one day a week in the office in Dublin thing, when things get back to normal, there would be a big time saving compared to other parts of the city, specially out the Dunmore road.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭dzilla

I like that this is within walking distance of the town (still about 15-20 mins) but feels a little bit suburban. Houses are relatively new and as a previous poster mentioned you are close to the train.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭sharingan

You are also on the doorstep of the greenway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Carn glas is grand, near the countryside, good bus service, and out of town, but not too far away. Should be no bother at all

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭savic04

Relations of mine live there and they have had serious issues with Anti Social behavior and break ins.

They live near the entrance to the estate so maybe that's a bigger issue

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31 pearsebhoy

carn glas is grand, the rest of gracedieu is a ****ehole. i live off the carrickpherish road and it's like a third world country up here.

Advertisement