Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dodgy Planning Permission

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭LawBoy2018

Lenar3556 wrote: »
    There is a window to make a ‘submission’ to the local authority which the OP tells us has now past. It is generally necessary to show evidence of having made a submission in order to subsequently lodge an appeal against a decision to an bord pleanala.

Without having in the first instance made a submission, your options to intervene / object to the development are significantly narrowed.

In my circumstances, it actually doesn't make a difference as I own adjoining land.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 murt75

Just so you are aware, article 29(3) of the P&D regs clearly states that submissions made after the 5 weeks are not allowed and must be returned, so the PA had no choice in the matter.

murt75 wrote: »
    Just so you are aware, article 29(3) of the P&D regs clearly states that submissions made after the 5 weeks are not allowed and must be returned, so the PA had no choice in the matter.

No choice as to what? I haven't tried to appeal the proposed development?

LawBoy2018 wrote: »
    No choice as to what? I haven't tried to appeal the proposed development?

Sorry I wasn't clear, they had no choice in not taking in account when making their decision the information in your email regarding the neighboring house. You will have to apply to ABP for leave to appeal the decision of the PA, if you are not happy with the decision. The applicant now has six months to return the further information to the PA, and the PA has 4 weeks after that to make a decision.

Sorry I wasn't clear, they had no choice in not taking in account when making their decision the information in your email regarding the neighboring house. You will have to apply to ABP for leave to appeal the decision of the PA, if you are not happy with the decision. The applicant now has six months to return the further information to the PA, and the PA has 4 weeks after that to make a decision.

No bother at all, thanks for your input!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

The submission window reopens after further information is received. If people have already made an observation, they can comment again without having to pay the €20 fee. I can't remember if new observations are permitted at that time.

Caranica wrote: »
    The submission window reopens after further information is received. If people have already made an observation, they can comment again without having to pay the €20 fee. I can't remember if new observations are permitted at that time.

Only if the further information is deemed by the PA as significant, this will also require a new site notice a newspaper ad.

Advertisement