Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UEFA Champions League 21-24: FTA on RTE&VMTV, LiveScore other matches

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,720 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Working now. Picture better than Virgin 2 on Saorview at least though that wouldn't be hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Is the group stage draw for the UEFA CL being broadcast on the RTÉ News channel & RTÉ Player from tomorrow?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Not in the schedule, though this being the RTE News Channel, that doesn’t mean it won’t be. It’s on BT Sport and UEFA.com and I’m given to understand it’s on the VM Sport channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Yep, VM sport has the 3 draws live over the next 2 days.

With LiveScore, you seem to have to register to watch matches on iOS now. You definitely didn’t need to before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭robwen

Seemingly an issue to be resolved. There was commentary on the Super Cup. There should be an English language world feed available.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

• Registered Users Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

RTÉ have started to use the new UEFA Champions League titles for BSC Young Boys vs Man United this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,860 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I've got commentary on Barca Bayern at the moment. I think it's ex Virgin Media commentators

• Advertisement

Conor McNamara did that game. He does a lot of work for the BBC too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,178 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

It's lads who do the "world feed" commentary for lots of leagues. They won't mention livescore or upcoming games etc

Livescore was mentioned plenty of times by the commentator during the Bayen Munich game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Watched last night, it wasn't bad, wasn't great, not worth paying for, it's free so overall I'm happy with it

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭The Dark Knight

Have to say, happy enough with LiveScore coverage. Its free after all.

They used world feed commentary for all matches except Barcelona vs B.Munich, where Conor McNamara was commentating for LiveScore (mentioning their coverage of other games, using the app alerts, etc.)

The 'every goal - every game' service was OK, switching between games. (Interesting that wen they went to the Barcelona-Munich game they used world feed James Pearce commentary instead of Conor McNamara).

Studio coverage let them down. Very very amateur. I see better YouTube channels. But, I don't tend to watch studio content anyway - more interested in actual game.

Chromecast worked well for me. I tested both a Google Chromecast dongle and a Sony TV with Chromecast built-in. Picture quality was good and 1000 times better than Virgin Media SD. There was about a 1 minute delay when compared to the RTÉ or VM feed.

Don't understand where they are making money on this. They don't run any advertising (except Champions League sponsors, which I assume is part of the coverage contract and they don't get paid for) and I'm not seeing any mention or links to their betting services. And it's Free. Maybe there is a long term business model, but I'm not seeing it.

Hopefully they can improve their studio content. This would keep viewers tuned in and maybe allow them to run some advertising.

Looking forward to next round of matched.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭landofthetree

The app isnt working for me tonight. I've reinstalled it and still nothing.

Anybody else having problems?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

The picture is perfect for me.

Watching PSG v City

The only thing is I've had to watch with no sound because the crowd noise is ahead of the picture and the picture is ahead of the commentary!!

I see LiveScore now have a “TV” button at the top of the app. Tapping it takes you to a list of matches LiveScore or LiveScore Bet have access to - so yes, this is how they intend to monetise the investment, cross promoting and directing people towards the betting service.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭sigmundv

Does anyone here know why Virgin Media Sport are not using their Extra channels? Point in case, there are early kick-offs in the Champions League, but Virgin Media Sport are showing highlights from yesterday and nothing is on Virgin Media Sport Extra. Do they only have rights to show one match?

• Advertisement

Yes. They have one Wednesday game only in the Champions League. You have to go to Livescore or BT Sport for all the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,075 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Chromecast option is banjaxed on LiveScore last 2 nights. Brutal.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

RTEs Champions League panel....Stephen Kelly and Stephanie Roche with Peter Collins.

Pathetic

• Registered Users Posts: 6,077 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Messi's heart is and always will be in Barcelona. I know he got massive money when he went to PSG, but he just continues to look so out of place there.

There is no discussion of anything actually happening on a football pitch here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,077 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Neymar's hair is the highlight of PSG v Real Madrid.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Drummerboy2

Fabulous finish from the PSG hit man

The Riverman and Drummerboy2 both banned for 48 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭iseegirls

I know most channels do it - but the need to both show the viewers what matches are coming up on the channel over the next week and then the commentators need to say the same on what matches are coming up at the same time is annoying.

It must be really distracting for commentators to be forced into fitting these in, especially at a time when play is ongoing. VM seem to plug their upcoming matches every 15 minutes. Corner for Liverpool yesterday, ball was floated in, but the commentator was busy telling us that VM2 have the Celtic match tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,178 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

In American sport they trail new comedies and dramas so it’s even worse for them. Just part of the deal now with sport.

Advertisement