Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Spice

Options
  • 27-02-2021 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,717 ✭✭✭

I'm adding some open shelves in the kitchen and am looking to display some nice jars of spices/rubs/sauces. Not jst for show, I have herbs and spices to use, but I'll use and replenish.

I'm looking for something in nice packaging that's more modern/less traditional.

Any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Prefer brut 55 :-)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Mason jars of red lentils look very pretty, and very functional.
    Just be aware that direct light can impact on the shelf life of spices, and many dried goods.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Dried fruits can also be an option.
    Dried apricots look stunning.

Even some canned goods have a really nice design.

Here's Herdez salsa that I have at hand.
    OK, not amazing, but you get the idea.

Some lovely looking hipster beer can designs out there too.

IMG-20210227-230656.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,789 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Whatever you use, make sure they are light proof.
    Glass jars are no good on an open shelf.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭tangy

Whatever you use, make sure they are light proof.
    Glass jars are no good on an open shelf.

Off at a tangent, but does anybdy know how to colour, or make opaque, clear glass? Obviously, you can use glass paint, but that's proper expensive.

I remember using smoked glass (made over a candle flame), but that's not really what you want in a spice jar :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement