Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

opinions on rowing machine?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

In the US its tied into a an ifit account, but it might be different here, it folds up which is useful and would be quieter if that was an issue (its electomagnetic). The downsides seemed to be that you can out-row it so can slip and you get a jerky movement, and the metrics seemed to be not in line with a Concept but If you just want a relative measure to yourself that wouldnt be an issue.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Looks awful to me, spend the extra and get a concept 2.

They are bomb proof and hold their value.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

silverharp wrote: »
    In the US its tied into a an ifit account, but it might be different here, it folds up which is useful and would be quieter if that was an issue (its electomagnetic). The downsides seemed to be that you can out-row it so can slip and you get a jerky movement, and the metrics seemed to be not in line with a Concept but If you just want a relative measure to yourself that wouldnt be an issue.

thanks, dont think i will be going hardcore so for me it will prob be good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭bduffy

zweton wrote: »
    thanks, dont think i will be going hardcore so for me it will prob be good enough.
    You need to try it out to be honest.... The Concept 2 is about twice the price but will still work in 5 years. This looks fine for light use, but there are cheaper alternatives on the market.
    It's a tough machine so you'd really want to like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭LilacNails

Put that 500 Euro towards a Concept instead.

• Advertisement

yeah i was thinking that all right, buy once buy right and all that...

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭KathleenF

Got a concept 2 rower recently and love it. Full body, low impact, can be as easy or hard a workout as you want. Def advise getting a C2, even if you decide after 6 months it’s not for you you’ll get at least 80% your money back. Cheaper than hiring one for 6 months tbh. Check out crewclass.net or Rowing Ireland are doing great ‘Row with the Pros’ free zoom sessions.

KathleenF wrote: »
    Got a concept 2 rower recently and love it. Full body, low impact, can be as easy or hard a workout as you want. Def advise getting a C2, even if you decide after 6 months it’s not for you you’ll get at least 80% your money back. Cheaper than hiring one for 6 months tbh. Check out crewclass.net or Rowing Ireland are doing great ‘Row with the Pros’ free zoom sessions.

Where did you buy yours? Think they are sold out everywhere atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭reubenreuben

Average price for one seems about 1500 for the C2, prob worth it though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Indestructable

More likely a good imitation. It doesn't have the PM5 monitor, which is a brilliant bit of technology.

Finding a new Concept2 might be a bit tricky. They have stopped shipping from the UK to Ireland since Brexit. Last year there was a tariff of 25% put on some US fitness equipment by the EU.

Price is 860 pounds if you're in the UK but closer to 1500 euro if you can find one here.

I paid about 1000 euro for mine a few years ago and from looking at done deal I could probably sell it for a bit more now, which is mad.

More likely a good imitation. It doesn't have the PM5 monitor, which is a brilliant bit of technology.

Finding a new Concept2 might be a bit tricky. They have stopped shipping from the UK to Ireland since Brexit. Last year there was a tariff of 25% put on some US fitness equipment by the EU.

Price is 860 pounds if you're in the UK but closer to 1500 euro if you can find one here.

I paid about 1000 euro for mine a few years ago and from looking at done deal I could probably sell it for a bit more now, which is mad.

It looks very very similar looking at the pictures, with different decals on the side. Maybe buying a concept 2 from NI is the way forward

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭KathleenF

Where did you buy yours? Think they are sold out everywhere atm.

I signed up on Concept2 waiting list, I was waiting about 6 weeks from sign up date.

KathleenF wrote: »
    I signed up on Concept2 waiting list, I was waiting about 6 weeks from sign up date.

thanks just signed up

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭JOHNNYBEGOOD 123

Anyone familiar with this brand.

It has PM 5 display

It has PM 5 display

no idea but looks solid enough

It has PM 5 display

did you buy it?

did you buy it?

Yeah I bought it.

It's a Chinese replica of the concept 2.

It's OK, not as good as concept build.

Yeah I bought it.

It's a Chinese replica of the concept 2.

It's OK, not as good as concept build.

How does it differ? Does it dismantle in two like the concept 2 and does it function okay?

How does it differ? Does it dismantle in two like the concept 2 and does it function okay?

Yeah, it dismantles the same way and functions OK.

The display is different, it's not PM 5 I thought it had. It seems to under-read distance by about 50 %.

The seat doesn't move freely on the guides, it takes a bit of effort to move it back and forth.

The resistance damper settings are same 1-10 but there is little difference between 1and 10.

In fairness to the supplier, they are on the ball with service and are looking at the issues.

• Advertisement

Yeah, it dismantles the same way and functions OK.

The display is different, it's not PM 5 I thought it had. It seems to under-read distance by about 50 %.

The seat doesn't move freely on the guides, it takes a bit of effort to move it back and forth.

The resistance damper settings are same 1-10 but there is little difference between 1and 10.

In fairness to the supplier, they are on the ball with service and are looking at the issues.

Is there a pic of the display available online?

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭chuck eastwood

They seem to be some pretty big issues especially the distance being so far off. This is a mag resistance unit yeah ?

They seem to be some pretty big issues especially the distance being so far off. This is a mag resistance unit yeah ?

No, Its same as concept, air

Is there a pic of the display available online?

Here it is in action.

What did the supplier comment on the issues you have about it as seriously thinking of buying this or similar
    Thanks

What did the supplier comment on the issues you have about it as seriously thinking of buying this or similar
    Thanks

They are getting engineer to look into it.

I got this unit.
    Looks same as a concept 2. No pm5 but the display has Bluetooth and works via an app.

Rower very smooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭bduffy

Concept 2 back in stock if anyone wants to part with €1,500 (with free floor mats)
    https://www.mcsport.ie/collections/all/products/concept-2-model-d-rowing-machine-black

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭WesternZulu

bduffy wrote: »
    Concept 2 back in stock if anyone wants to part with €1,500 (with free floor mats)
    https://www.mcsport.ie/collections/all/products/concept-2-model-d-rowing-machine-black

Buy from Rowfit Ireland, they're much cheaper.

• Advertisement
Advertisement