Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG Challenge

Options
  • 25-02-2021 9:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭

neon-inscription-of-quiz-time-vector-vector-id1048463754?k=6&m=1048463754&s=612x612&w=0&h=OTO2FFDXjkOAoqLvcYaW0z0wyHVY0FKrctV8ZMSGXCw=

Welcome to FG Challenge.

Starting a new quiz with format yet to be decided.

Solo/teams?
    Single game/tournament style?

Please put your name down here if you are interested and which of the 2 above format you prefer

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,282 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I'm in, happy with any format

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Happy with single or teams

I think I'd like tournament

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Purgative

In. Any format is fine Kol.

Looking forward to middle table mediocrity.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

I'll give it a go.. any preference at all

• Registered Users Posts: 28,884 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Count me in!

Any format is fine (you're not getting much guidance here, are you? :D)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Count me in!

Any format is fine (you're not getting much guidance here, are you? :D)

Ah its grand :)

I like using teams, always more fun so if it's left to me to decide, that is what I will pick. But that also depends on how many sign up.

Tournament style will mean more games so will take longer to run. Haven't used this format before so would be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,570 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

How would the tournament work with teams? Would you just keep the same team for the entire thing?
    I'm in anyway. Would prefer solo (I'm a glutton for that wooden spoon - ooh kinky!) but I suppose I'll put up with smarter people in a team if I'm forced to. :pac:

Pencil me in, please.

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    How would the tournament work with teams? Would you just keep the same team for the entire thing?
    I'm in anyway. Would prefer solo (I'm a glutton for that wooden spoon - ooh kinky!) but I suppose I'll put up with smarter people in a team if I'm forced to. :pac:

I was thinking head to head knock out, whether it be individuals or teams. So yeah you would keep the same team for the whole tournament.
    That could be a lot of questions to compile though.

Again, depends on how many are interested in playing if we have enough for teams, probably need a min of 16 for a team/tournament structure.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭hurlingman97

In
    Apologies in advance to my potential teammates if that's how it goes.

Also don't mind about the format

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

In (provisionally) if its an individual game.

Would need to really think about it if its Teams, I've always hated group projects. If you're stuck for numbers on Teams I suppose I could play, but if you've got odd numbers and too many people, I'd gladly bow out... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Ill play - teams or individual - i dont mind.

Any format in particular will be fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

I'm up for getting involved... might be a bit subject to schedule depending on when this was happening. No real preference on style, tis all new to me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

In (provisionally) if its an individual game.

Would need to really think about it if its Teams, I've always hated group projects. If you're stuck for numbers on Teams I suppose I could play, but if you've got odd numbers and too many people, I'd gladly bow out... ;)

You take the TV questions i take the sport questions.. winning team right there

Sounds good, count me in please.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Trigger wrote: »
    You take the TV questions i take the sport questions.. winning team right there

Well if we can pick teams, that's a different story again - that's more in line with a pub quiz...

I had a good team last time we played, but I remember the Drama surrounding a couple of the other teams that left me weary and cautious of randomised team games... but I didn't want to mention the war... :pac:

I'd be hesitant in having players pick their own teams. While it works fine in the real world setting, I don't think it is suited to forums as it could leave folk isolated.

From the consensus so far, individual single game looks like the winning formula.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

I'm game too.
    I'm OK with any format - we did a team quiz last year and it was fun, though I will admit that my contributions lacked in quantity somewhat. . .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

I’m in too, no preference

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭Reberetta

In.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Purgative

Kolido wrote: »
    I'd be hesitant in having players pick their own teams. While it works fine in the real world setting, I don't think it is suited to forums as it could leave folk isolated.

From the consensus so far, individual single game looks like the winning formula.

Could bring back painful memories of being the last one picked for a scratch game of ball :).

I prefer individual - i want all the glory to myself :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,570 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I'm all for doing it myself. I clearly didn't get enough torturing during G&R's Mammoth Last Person Standing Quiz.

I do love me a good quiz though. I would crawl through glass to get to a proper pub quiz these days. Few pints, pack of taytos, scowling at all the obvious cheaters, back broke coz of the ****e stools, the outrage at questions we got wrong, dashing to the loo at 1am to wake my dad up with a question about Brazil (he's not brazilian, he's just a fountain of useless knowledge), the inevitable stewards enquiry at the end, the disqualifications, the shouting, the brawls.

Pub quizzes are great.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,311 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Slight preference for solo but only slight. Getting together online with a bunch of people all trying to figure things out is a bit too much like my 9-5 over the last year to be classed as fun.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

I'm in - no preference for format!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

I have spent too much time online teaching. When I saw "teams" I wondered why we couldn't just use zoom.

Not even the worst blonde moment this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I’d play this

So we have about 20 interested so far, I have no start date yet so still time to sing up.

I think I will go with single players and run semi-finals, and then a grand final.

I will rand folk into 2 groups (or 3 if we get more) and you will be competing against those in your group in the semi-final with the top players going to the final. Same questions will be used for each semi-final and they will run at the same time.

Or, I could just run one quiz with everyone, which is more preferred?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,282 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Whatever's easiest for you Kolido

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Do the tournament thing. Sounds fun!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

I'll join too just hope I don't forget to answer like I did in G&R's quiz game

Advertisement