Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Most annoying things when selling your motor

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

Buddy Bubs wrote: »
    On the other side, I was buying a 2001 530i e39 back in 08. Took it for a spin and a look around the car, was happy to buy it. Private sale, about 10 grand if I remember correctly. Seller asked me to sign for the car, saying I was happy car was as described and had no defects and wouldn't hold him liable for any faults that developed.

Turned me straight off the deal. What was he hiding? I never found out, walked away. Bought another one I had my eye on. Still best car I've had to this day.

Would have bought the first one if he didn't produce the stupid bit of paper from his pocket.

I wonder was the car clocked or something. I would have walked too, my understanding is that all private sales are sold as seen with no comeback. If the mileage on a car is not authentic, and the seller knows that, legally don't they have to disclose that?

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    It's not just cars. Adverts is the same and incredibly frustrating - especially as you as the seller can't then delete the nonsense, setting the tone for other offers.

Agree though with the points above. The idea that I'll undercut myself with the 'best price' is extremely annoying. If I wanted less I'd have priced it that way.

I've bought and sold a fair bit of professional grade musical gear on Adverts in my 20s when I was in a band, adverts is probably the best place to sell music equipment but is also full of people chancing their arm. Really annoying when you specify you are looking for a cash sale, and you get 10 people asking you if you want a trade! If I wanted a trade, the ad would say open to trades!
    H3llR4iser wrote: »

Many people on these are also out for a "flipping" opportunity, buying something for a ridiculously low price and reselling straight way - although it might be a bit more difficult with cars.

yea, a lot of people out there doing that. I spotted a boat, trailer a outboard on adverts last summer for a very good price, fairly local too. The boat needed a little work, but nothing major. By the time I got a chance make an offer that evening, it was sold. A week later, it was up on facebook market place for 1k more, with none of the work done to the boat. It sold too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

yea, a lot of people out there doing that. I spotted a boat, trailer a outboard on adverts last summer for a very good price, fairly local too. The boat needed a little work, but nothing major. By the time I got a chance make an offer that evening, it was sold. A week later, it was up on facebook market place for 1k more, with none of the work done to the boat. It sold too.

Same thing - I used to give away some stuff for free (mostly, obsolete computer parts and accessories that while not really valuable anymore, stiff function and could be used to repair older systems), but kept finding it reposted for sale...so nope, not happening anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭E36Ross

User1998 wrote: »
    At least he bothered to write it in English, I constantly get messages in foreign languages on FB Marketplace

Strangely they never seem to reply when I reply back in Irish. :D

Advertisement