Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Battle for appointments ( Graydon & Whitethorn)

Options
  • 24-02-2021 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭

About two weeks ago the Graydon in Newcastle Co.Dublin was released, We emailed the selling agent about an hour after the email came in and was told they are all gone.

Last night we got an email regarding Whitethorn and replied within 10 mins. This morning we got an email to say all appointments were gone.

Did anyone here mange to actually get an appointment with either selling agent? Does anyone know how they select who gets the slots?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭ec18

it's possible they already have a list of appointments and were only trying to fill a few free spots that they have

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭LastStop

ec18 wrote: »
    it's possible they already have a list of appointments and were only trying to fill a few free spots that they have

I've been onto both selling agents regarding these developments prior to the release..

Easier to get a PS5. 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Milena009

LastStop wrote: »
    I've been onto both selling agents regarding these developments prior to the release..

Easier to get a PS5. 😂

Same here!
    We were onto Graydon often.
    The fun part is that day before they claimed not to have any information.
    Additionally, we emailed within 15 mins of the email informing of launch and all booked too!
    She said 40 houses are released and 200+ people refused.
    She did say timestamp matters even for the cancellation list

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭DubLad69

In my experience a lot of the houses will be sold to people that had previously viewed earlier phases of the development and formed some kind of relationship with the agent and agree to buy the house before they are even on sale.

That's what happened with us anyway. We seen the earlier phase of the development. Picked a house on the later phase and told the agent we would wait for that one to become avaliable. Then before the houses were released or any appointments made our name was marked off on the house. So when we arrived on release day it was already ours, waiting for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 rithvik

Yesterday afternoon Graydon Newcastle released their new homes, we emailed them in less than 5min to be precise approx. ~3min as soon as we got the email. This morning, we got the email stating that all the appointments have been booked and are gone. 

When we enquired on what basis the appointments were given, we were given an answer that its first come first serve basis.

So does that mean, people were well informed perviously that Graydon would send out the email at exact time and people who are interested have to send email in 1min.

or this is just a scam by estate agents, to create the hype and give it to the ones of their choice ?

I dont want to name the estate agents here, but this is clearly unfair for us who have been waiting for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

I wouldn't buy a house in a development like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 boardieboard

Emails are first come first served. We replied within a minute and went yesterday to view and it seems nearly all houses were sold!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 anusrigaurav

Hi,

we are considering Newcastle, somerton Lucan and swords.which area is better to raise a family

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭ggmat799

I'm not the only one then.Same with me. Emailed them within first 15 min

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭ellinguistico

I'm in for a Duplex, paid the deposit last week. Getting to see show house Saturday week as it wasn't ready when at the booking appointment. EA very confident that I'd be getting keys late November possibly. That would suprise me, Can see they are built and windows in, but not much more than that. Think/hope it has the potential to be a nice estate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭MSVforever

Somerton is in a good location. You have the Lucan shopping centre around the corner and Adamstown train station a 10-15 minute walk away. They are also building a new shopping centre in Adamstown (called the crossings) atm. Plenty of schools, parks etc around as well. Afaik there is another estate close by being built called Tandy's Lane (same developer as Somerton).

My second choice would be Swords due to the amenities. Newcastle is a village with lots of new housing but barely any infrastructure in place. Car ownership is a must there.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭ggmat799

How did u manage to get appointment. Tips for future buyers. :-)

Good luck with your purchase

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭ellinguistico

Hi, sorry for only coming back now. I just put my name down on the website and called Sherry Fitzgerald a couple of times to make sure my name was down as registered interested. Was on high alert for the email being sent and was watching my phone all the time. I replied instantly though within 30 seconds of getting it!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 FTBr

Hi for anyone who has or is planning to buy in Graydon, I've opened a thread for discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 zohaib94

Hi All,

I replied to the launch email within 30 seconds and managed to get an appointment on the first day of viewing for Graydon Newcastle a couple of weeks ago. There were plenty units available when I did the viewing.

With the current market for new builds you have to be alert if you want to secure a property in Dublin unless of course if you have a strong budget of 700k plus for a house then the demand wont be the same. 600k plus should be easy to secure.

These steps would help for anyone trying to secure a new build in the likes of Somerton, Newcastle, Lucan or Tandy's Lane or anywhere which is in demand (500k & below properties):

-Set up a separate email address with which you can register yourself for all these properties.

-get you and your partner to log into this account from your phone.

-Ensure you have the Gmail app which is the fastest at notifying you on emails.

-As soon as you get an email about the launch hit the link- if it opens up an email, just type appointment and send email. If it takes you to the form, fill as fast as possible and hit submit.

-If you are targeting certain developments I would advise speaking to the selling agents to get a estimated date of Launch(they will tell you in which week it is launching) be alert in that week with your emails.

Hope the above helps and best of luck in securing a house.

Could anyone who is living in Graydon tell me if its a good place to live ? or is a town like kilcock better than Newcastle?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 littleshine

me and my husband missed out of the all the phases. when we called them they told us it's 1st come 1st served bases. me and my husband were both on high alert. they never sent us email for phase 2. the houses that were released in feb/march 2022, we managed to get the appointment for that phase. i replied within approx 35sec and I got appointment for SECOND day. there were a lot of people ahead of us and i swere if the 2 people in front of us had not said no(they didn't want mid terrace) we wouldn't have got the house:(. because couple ahead of us said no we manged to get our hands on the mid terrace. there was a family behind us and they got the last house... it is crazy how within seconds the appointments are being sold out but i do agree they are favouring the people who had appointment in previous phase that didn't get property are getting it in next phse.

Advertisement