Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sons of Anarchy or Prison Break ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,555 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Iv a very close friend who's lived in the states the past 15 years ,
    Any way I was over at his wedding a good few years back when SOA was at its peak and we where chatting about it ,
    Like all of us he hated season 3 in Belfast but turns out all his American friends absolutely loved it,

Even on Metacritic ratings per season its the second highest rated season of the 7 , it got a 84 just behind season two which got 86 ,

I guess its a case of ignorance is bliss

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

fryup wrote: »
    were these not shown on terrestrial TV before, channel 5?
    JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Both were shown on RTE 2

so what's the big deal about star then if half the stuff they're showing was already screened on terrestrial telly?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,637 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

fryup wrote: »
    so what's the big deal about star then if half the stuff they're showing was already screened on terrestrial telly?

Handy for those who haven't seen em I guess :pac:

The XFiles are on there too, which I religiously watched so gonna have to rewatch them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

They should do an extra season of both shows but combine them. Prison break anarchy, have all of the prisoners on motorbikes, revving up their hogs in the cell 24/7, doing hog wheelies/burn outs in the yard. It would be amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭stronglikebull

Penn wrote: »
    I actually think a lot of Season 2 of Prison Break was pretty good. William Fichtner was a great addition. But you could definitely see it start to go downhill pretty rapidly too.

I agree, season 2 wasn't terrible at all. Fitcher was a great addition, though I always thought they could have done more with him. I might go and watch season 1 and 2 of this again now that it's streamable.

Season 3 was crap, and 4 was just dire nonsense. Stop at the end of 2 if you're watching it.

I just finished re-watching SOA on Netflix after Christmas. I had watched it when it originally aired, and had forgotten how monotonous and stupid the story got in the middle. In the end, it went about 2 seasons too long, and as someone else said, you're just waiting for everyone to die. Still enjoyable, and I'd recommend it if you've got 7x13x1hour free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Sons...

Prison Break starts well but descends into complete nonsense.

Almost completed Prison Break season 1... enjoying it so far.

It started slow, but by the mid-season it's quite engaging and has me doing the "just one more episode" thing

Thinking about my little-toe still sends shivers up my spine...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭De Bhál

just watch first two seasons of each - that'd be enough. You ain't missing anything not seeing the rest.
    SOA has a spell in Ireland that would hurt you.

• Administrators Posts: 53,438 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I would watch Prison Break season 1 and then forget about the rest.

Sons of Anarchy is cringeworthy soap opera mediocrity IMHO.

awec wrote: »
    Sons of Anarchy is cringeworthy soap opera mediocrity IMHO.

People warned me off Walking Dead but I enjoyed all 11 seasons (up until the point Angela Kang ruined it) so I seem to have a tolerance where others give up :D

• Advertisement

mrcheez wrote: »
    People warned me off Walking Dead but I enjoyed all 11 seasons (up until the point Angela Kang ruined it) so I seem to have a tolerance where others give up :D

A lot of people like it. I was surprised at just how bad I thought it was. No redeeming qualities!

But that's just me! :D

PB season 1 is at least tolerable, even if Wentworth Miller has all the charisma of a bag of soil. PB season 2 is actually watchable, but that's where it ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,720 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Season 1 of Prison Break was something else. Absolutely thrilling television. Pure ****e afterwards.

SOA wasn't exactly stellar but I enjoyed it all the same, though the Irish accents scattered throughout the series were chronic.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Do yourself a favour OP and get started on "Better Call Saul" - Finest bit of TV since Breaking Bad...and arguably better.

To me it's a masterpiece.

Do yourself a favour OP and get started on "Better Call Saul" - Finest bit of TV since Breaking Bad...and arguably better.

Ah I'm trying to maximise my Disney Plus sub... Kodi just isn't as reliable.

Had a hell of a time while watching Walking Dead, sometimes streams would be great, other times just constantly buffering

It's nice to be able to play series by just telling Alexa to play whatever... so Disney Plus is working nicely for bingeing at the mo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭The Mighty Quinn

While I personally would agree with you, I'd wager most wouldn't.

It is very slow paced. I love it. Really enjoyed it, could be my favourite tv show. But, I think you'd wanna be really into it. It got better and better as the seasons went on and the Chuck story resolved itself.

And yes, it's better than BB to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Mules

I've never seen soa I loved prison break though.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Ffff221

Prison break season one is one of the best seasons off all time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,179 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Give season 2 of prison break a watch. I am at the moment and you'll like it. Still ok. Sure might not be the amazing first season but enjoyment to be had. After season 2 is were it goes down hill.

I'm on episode 10 of Season 1... it's actually getting better with each episode

• Registered Users Posts: 11,179 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I'm on episode 10 of Season 1... it's actually getting better with each episode

I know :)
    It's one of those shows where you question how come you be never watched it until now cause it's that good.

• Advertisement

Season 2 of Prison Break is great too

What were people saying about S1 being the only one worth watching??

Apart from BA Baracus of course

Season 2 of Prison Break is great too

What were people saying about S1 being the only one worth watching??

Apart from BA Baracus of course

Season 2 is ok, it's certainly watchable.

It gets silly in season 3.

Season 2 is ok, it's certainly watchable.

It gets silly in season 3.

Oh look, another prison to break out of, in Panama.... :D

Oh look, another prison to break out of, in Panama.... :D

ok :) Though they are on their way there so makes sense...

ok :) Though they are on their way there so makes sense...

Apologies... I should have spoiler'd that :o

• Registered Users Posts: 20,028 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

to be fair SOA gets very very silly in the last season or two. I finished it off but it was a bit of a chore at the end

• Registered Users Posts: 33,290 ✭✭✭✭Penn

2smiggy wrote: »
    to be fair SOA gets very very silly in the last season or two. I finished it off but it was a bit of a chore at the end

Yeah after the crappy Season 3, it picks up again for Seasons 4 & 5. After that though it takes a total nosedive for the last two seasons and became a real struggle.

Apologies... I should have spoiler'd that :o

nah it's grand... I actually had a brief sneak peak of the episode synopsis for all seasons just to see if I should continue, or stop and start on SoA

Not enough to spoil it, but I'm aware of a Panama destination coming up and actually can't wait for that.

I reckon I'll continue until I can't watch any more

Loads of people warned me off The Walking Dead later seasons but I actually enjoyed all 11 seasons so perhaps I'm not too picky :rolleyes:

Season 3 is short cause there was a writer's strike at the time so you might be able to power through it if you're really committed to watching all of it!

• Advertisement

Season 3 is short cause there was a writer's strike at the time so you might be able to power through it if you're really committed to watching all of it!

Finished Season 3 there yesterday... definitely a lot more muddled than Season 1 and 2 ... I think any more than 13 episodes would have been unwatchable so it wasn't THAT bad.

Silly about the Sara thing to be honest, but I guess there were contractual issues going on.

Season 4... had a glimpse... might try one or two episodes but I think I might bow out.

Advertisement