Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raisin Bank

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,537 ✭✭✭JTMan

I have used Raisin.

They offer some of the highest term deposit rates. But no big return.

Experience was good with Raisin.

Some of the banks that work with Raisin are not big names so small risk needs to be considered, albeit all products are covered under deposit guarantees up to 100k.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Any further updates on Raisin?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Sconsey

I can give my two cents on Raisin, the deposit rates are the best out there by a mile. I checked-out some of the banks that will be holding the deposits, none are really what you would call high-street banks, they seem more like credit institutions or something. Having said that, they are registered as banks in their respective countries and appear to be covered by their countries deposit guarantee schemes.

I opened a Raisin account, process was very smooth, and after transferring some money I opened a deposit account. Whole thing took about a week, biggest delay was my bank limiting the amount I could transfer for security reasons (fair enough).

I have an IBAN for the Raisin account, my biggest concern is I have received documentation from the bank I have the deposit with, but I have not received an IBAN (yet) for that account. So I cannot say for sure that the deposit account is mine, though it appears to be in my name. I still have a slight concern that if Raisin went kaput, will I be able to access the deposit account. I will not be opening any more deposit accounts until I get an IBAN for the deposit account. Anyone else out there with deposit accounts care to share their thoughts on this?

Customer service is fairly non-existant, so bear that in mind, they appear to be swamped. If you run into problems you may have issues getting customer support.

Overall, great rates, smooth process for setup, deposits appear to be secure but not 100% convinced yet about ownership of the account and no real customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭dickface

Have you looked under My Raisin Account Mailbox > Documents menu ?

There should be a Deposit conformation item like below SS and inside that you will see your IBAN for that account.

Hmmm yeah, I have a document called 'Opening Confirmation' and the title on the document when I open it is Deposit Confirmation, but only has the Raisin IBAN, I will give it another few days, maybe a new document will arrive.....

• Advertisement

Oh, I just checked and I do have an account with Younited and for them i don't seem to have an IBAN like i do for Privata Banca Leasing, just the "Opening Confirmation"one...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭blade1

How're u finding this now Op (or anyone)

I'm debating whether to put money I've withdrawn from state savings into this.

One thing I don't like when people have my money and are slow to respond if I need to know anything so how are they to deal with?

Probably will go ahead with this.

Waiting for state savings to give me my cash back.

14 working and still don't have.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭FazyLucker

Do they do currant accounts?

You'd have to find a different branch for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Heraclius

Thinking of putting money in a french bank through Raisin.

7. Risks is making me not so willing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Can someone explain to me what the story is with Raisin bank and DIRT tax?

Do they deduct at source like an Irish bank or will I need to pay it separately?

In general, how are people finding the service? Doesn't seem brilliant for instant access accounts but it might be good for 1-2 year deposit accounts

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

You'll have to declare it to revenue.

Also watch out for withholding fees.

Different countries have different rules so you may need to fill out extra paperwork to prove you are a full time Irish resident.

That's why I'm thinking of going with a french bank

A little less interest but no withholding fees so less forms involved.

Apt username btw.

Ha, yeah I'll need to add a disclaimer that I'm not affiliated 😁

Good to know regarding the tax situation, will definitely have to balance any savings against the additional paperwork involved

I am making an assumption here but i doubt you will find a savings service that does not have these risks. They are required by law to have that. I am just a lay person but that wouldn't put me off anymore than an Irish bank...if you read the fine print i would think similar wording would be there.

You'll be called more than dickface if you're wrong! 🤪😂

I want to make clear the "assumption" part, I certainly don't know for sure.

Trying to transfer money from Boi to raisin there and BOI have a limit of €1000 a day for new payees

Anyone know is there a way around this?

It'll take way too long that way. 🙄

I think if you go into a branch the limit is a lot higher

• Advertisement

Cheers!

I'll go in and tell them they'd want to be raisin the limit 😂

I am fairly sure that limit goes away after two or three days, the payee is no longer considered 'new'.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,380 ✭✭✭fletch

Anyone having issues logging in? I use a password manager so I definitely didn't enter my password incorrectly. I did "Forgot Password" a few times and I still can't access my account. I emailed support but no response yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,171 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Limit increases by 1K/day up to a max of 20K after 20 days. If you want to do a large transfer you can do it in a bank branch

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭homer911

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,249 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

I wonder should a lot more people be looking to shift their savings out of Irish banks?

Seems to be little competition and they are taking the proverbial piss with the gap between what they are now lending at and what they are giving depositors.

A good kick up the arse could be in order.

Once you lose customers, it's hard work to get them back.

Advertisement