Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you fare with repetition?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭barbara anne

Repetitive work wouldn't bother me. Just go in, get the work done, get home and get paid at the end of the week. Nice colleagues you can have a laugh with are a bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

I worked as a maintenance electrician in a large food plant, other than a machine breaking down or tripping out very little happened.
    There hordes of staff doing repetitive jobs , all quite happy .

"Flycatcher loaded the produce onto a conveyor belt , Hopalong took it off further down the line , ClippityClop drove it down an ailse in his forklift , Beaker packed it and Doctor No loaded it into the truck"

Rinse, repeat , 5 days a week.

Simple minds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭LimeFruitGum

I've heard of that before, and I would genuinely look into doing it, but I've burned my bridges in management roles, they're not for me. Too much circle jerking for my liking. The current company has something like that, but I don't think the people in charge of it are any way clued in about the work we do, and seems to be tailored more for management themselves than the agents. And I've gone too grumpy these days to filter my speech so I don't offend managements ears by telling the truth. I'll never understand the reluctance to hear the truth, and instead it has to be dressed up in fancy words that make it sound less bad, which in turn means t won't get the attention it deserves because some manager somewhere is trying to get a promotion off the process or something like that.

I hear ya! I can't bull**** to save my life, so I had to get out of account/operations management before I burst. Getting the black belt has been amazing for me, professionally. I now have the option of process auditing & consulting if I'm ever turfed out.

Quality management suits me because I can be straight with someone, show them my calculations, and they have to go & sort it out. Loop it back to ISO and it puts the fear of God into them - nobody wants to be responsible for failing an audit. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭barbara anne

This conversation keeps repetitively coming onto my homepage lol

Advertisement