Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vegas 2022

• 22-02-2021 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

A bunch of us go away every year for a few days in the sun playing golf and having a few beers. Usually the algarve or Spain.

Seriously looking at Vegas for 2022 as we didn't get away in 2020 and almost certain that we wont in 2021.

Anyone out there in Boards land that can give hints, tips etc from past experience. Recommend any courses or any to avoid.

Be great to know if any boars members have done the vegas golf thing and how it went.

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

Done it years ago and had a ball but I think Florida and Mertle Beach is better in quality of golf courses. You can also include Hilton head in that list. Flight to Vegas is very long so that’s what put me off.

But you can’t beat the entrainment package with Vegas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

Have been to Vegas 3 times and honestly I can’t think of anything worse to be doing over there than golfing.
    It’s a body bag job coming home.

Go to Florida to golf if doing a big American trip or else forget the golf and go to Vegas to get absolutely upside down wrote off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭thewobbler

I’ve pictured that plan a few times over the years and caught myself on quickly enough!

My society is probably a bit like your own, lads who seriously enjoy the party, but genuinely never miss the golf. I’m not sure the latter would happen in Vegas. 24 hour drinking, gambling and whatever else. Golf would be exceptionally painful.

I’ll be organising our group to head that direction in a few years time, but with a sharp north up to Bandon Dunes at the end, for a holiday with an 80:20 ratio of golf to drink. We can head Vilamoura for a 20:80 trip, with only a 3 hour flight, the years before and after!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,985 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Was thinking about Vegas a while back - and it simply would not work with my golf gang anyway.

Tee time at 10 am - whatever about the heat. About 50 % of the lads would just be in bed at about 7 or 8.

I had to think about it - because I know some of the Headbanger I play in society golf with - would consider it - or someone will put it forward as an idea. The problem with this idea, is it will get legs.

But it is just a terrible idea.

Advertisement