Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Where to find out the industry average salary?

• 22-02-2021 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭ kapisko1PL

So long story short, the place I work at now offers no benefits and have no idea what the future holds. There are other positives which I think at the moment outperform the lack of benefits but in around one year, if nothing changes, I will be looking at leaving if we don't get either salary increase or any benefits like health insurance. I will be with the company two years.

I like the industry though and the work itself is quite enjoyable and would like to remain in this industry. Is there a place where people anonymously share their salary scales or opinions about their companies or positions other than Glassdoor?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭ Interested Observer

You can use Glassdoor, some of the recruiting companies like Brightwater do an annual salary survey, and there's this as well: https://www.morganmckinley.com/ie/ireland-salary-guide-calculator

The other thing is, you're fairly anonymous here so you could just disclose your salary and ask what people thought from experience.

Generally - I have found all my significant salary bumps in my career have come from moving job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭ Diceicle

If you're looking for more general information on industry salaries and possible roles you could move towards, have a word with a recruiter. I did this via Linkedin a couple of times. Was very upfront. Told them my experience and skillset. They told me potential roles and salaries that I could be in line for.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭ kapisko1PL

I actually found out that CPL has a very good pdf document which shows vast salary scales across the range of industries. I fall right inside that bracket and I could see a potential for the future if I transition to a different area as an engineer.

Advertisement