Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Christmas TV 2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭tscul32

We're actually well familiar with those two. My older two loved them, youngest just never really got to see them. I sometimes feel the youngest has missed out on lots of fun Christmas stuff just. The first two were within 2 years if each other then the last came 4 years later. So while the older ones still did big Santa experiences at 8 and 9, the younger one missed those family occasions cos trying to get a 13 and 15 year old to go along and smile is a tough job.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

We went to see the second one at the drive in movies in the RDS last Christmas. The kids loved it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I’m disappointed the toy show theme is lion king. I would love them to do A Christmas Carol theme but I understand Disney probably pay big money to get their properties featured.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Love this!

Disappointing toy show this year in my opinion.

I thought 2020 was outstanding so this year was always going to be a hard act to follow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 176 ✭✭joebloggs123

Terrible toy show this year, very disappointing

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭dubstepper

We sat down to watch Home Alone 3 the other day. I know it gets stick but I think it's actually quite good. On the back of that we tried Home Alone 4. OMG it is really, really, REALLY poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Very poor line up. Mrs Browns Boys.....enough said.

I'm looking forward to watching this offering from Netflix 😆

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,509 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Just took a look at the BBC line up, other than Call the Midwife and TOTP you can pretty much keep it.

Mrs Browns Boys....

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Good heavens, that's a poor line up alright!!

Looks Christmas TV is to be as good as ever!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Liked for the Dr.Cox headbang 😁 Loved Scrubs... To stay on topic couple of decent Christmas episodes in that series.

Agree on the BBC lineup. Shameful. Its like they dont even care anymore

Scrubs was great! & yeah the Christmas episode (only remember the one off hand) was excellent.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

For fans of GBBO, the first Christmas special is airing on Christmas Day @ 8pm on Channel 4. Must remember to record that as not a chance I'll be watching TV Christmas Day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭pigtail33

I loved It's A Sin, so really looking forward to this.

Same here, I always record the GBBO and Strictly Specials. They make great between Christmas and NY TV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,898 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,271 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Not much to get excited about on the Irish channels...

https://www.thejournal.ie/rte-virgin-media-christmas-tv-schedules-5617238-Dec2021/

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement

Listings up for the main British channels... as well as archive of christmas listings over past decades.

https://ukchristmastv.weebly.com/

Christmas RTE guide is out

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

It is, got it yesterday on the way home from work. 😊

Sky Arts will be airing the epic 1970s miniseries Jesus of Nazareth, starting Monday 20th.

Somehow it reminds me of school days in the run up to Christmas, when the teacher would dig out the vhs tape and we could take it easy in religion class...

The most recent Gavin and Stacey Christmas special is on BBC 1 tonight at 8 30

Excellent. Recorded it as I haven’t seen it since 2019.

• Advertisement

Recording it myself. Good to have the 2 Christmas specials there for an impromptu viewing!!

I see they edited Bryn and Nessas version of fairytale of new York...

Ah ffs. I’m so tired of this woke nonsense. Especially in the context, it wasn’t used in a homophobic slur manner. It’s all in the context of the song/story/lyrics.

This. Context has gone out the window these days!!

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭headnorth

All the tv guides kick off today...all set here👍

• Advertisement

Only picked up the RTE guide this afternoon!!

I got it last week. Maybe it’s the tiredness but the crossword is kicking my arse this year.

Got a couple of weeks ago and still haven't got round to going through it.

It's on a ever growing list of small things to do!

ChristmasFM coming up trumps this morning with their best movies list for the week. Day by day.

National lampoon’s Christmas vacation is on sky showcase at 6pm tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Does anyone have Now TV? Thinking of getting it over the Christmas purely to watch the Harry Potter special on Christmas Day & A Boy Called Christmas....

Can't help with Now TV however A Boy Called Christmas is very good and went down well here.

It's a funny one but since video on demand type services have dominated my viewing I rarely watch broadcast tv. As a result, I bought the RTE guide but haven't really marked any movies. I always enjoyed that but now I can see what I want on demand (bar a few specials)

Bit late but some movies for today.

• Advertisement

In early for tomorrows.

Did anyone watch the toy shop documentary on RTE? it’s actually surprisingly a good watch.

Haven't watched any TV since Christmas eve. Just checked my sky box though and I have about a dozen things recorded I want to watch over the next few days so will catch up hopefully by new year's!

That was easily the busiest Christmas eve, Christmas day and st.Stephens day we've had in years though so I don't mind having not seen much.in that time.

Amazing really how it has changed. I was searching tv for any specials or anything decent but nothing really. I went back to on demand services.

I did follow my annual tradition of giving mrs browns boys a chance. This was followed by my other annual tradition of being severly underwhelmed...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭gidget

So far got to watch the ones I was waiting for, Ghosts, Call the Midwife, Bohemian Rhapsody, Rocketman (first time to watch it & didn’t think much of it, compared to BR), recorded the Great British Bake-off special with the cast of It’s a Sin & watched that yesterday morning & am tuning into that 3 part series A very British Scandal, part 2 is on tonight

Post edited by gidget on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭DenMan

The first of the two Worzel Gummidge Christmas specials start tonight on BBC One @7:15pm. Episode two tomorrow @7:15 pm also. Really enjoyed the first two episodes of Around the World in 80 Days. Episode 3 is on Sunday evening on BBC One.

I think Around the World should have been shown daily over the festive period... we got into first 2 episodes and now no eps for a week. Dont get why they would drip feed one of their big xmas productions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭DenMan

Just checked and episodes 3 and 4 are on Sunday. They seem to be spreading it out over a four week period.

• Advertisement

Sitting down to watch 'The way we were at Christmas' which I recorded on Christmas eve, brilliant retro look back at Christmas in Ireland. Will be keeping this to watch again in next year's build up.

Advertisement