Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst takeaway meal you've ever eaten?

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Muahahaha wrote: »
    That Indian in Smithfield was shut down for a couple of days by the FSAI a few years back. Not sure if it is still there but at the time everyone was shocked as it put out some great food.

As for KFCs here, they always appear very badly run. Ive passed the one in Blanch and there is actual smells of filthy oil coming from their ventilation systems and stinking up the whole area around it. Also their chip portions must be the smallest of anywhere, I once counted 16 chips in their tiny bags which is a joke. KFCs in the UK seem to be a lot busier than here and generally better run.

I dont think theres any chain takeaway in Ireland doing really great fried chicken. Supermacs and Italian chippers are often very greasy. Mad Egg near the opposite the Bleeding Horse on Camden St do great fried chicken but theyve only the one location in Dublin.

They opened in Dundrum back in 2019 as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭FlubberJones

Last year we decided on a take away, since it was "the thing to do at the start of the lockdown"... ordered pizza online, it took nearly 90 minutes and was the saddest thing I'd seen in a long time, three straggles of anchovies and 4 prawns that were cut in half to make eight prawn "pieces" on a bed of such thin tomato sauce it was pink ... took months before we got back to ordering a take away again... not pizza

• Registered Users Posts: 6,176 ✭✭✭Archeron

Got delivery once from a kebab place in co kildare, wouldnt be my top choice normally, but it was the last place still delivering. The chips were big fat undercooked wet white pasty yokes, and they had gone cold in delivery. When I poured the bag out on the plate, they fell out in one solid cold wet lump and stayed the in the same shape as the bag. The kebab looked like it was filled with toasted skin flaps and wobbly orange pus and had a distinct smell of sweat of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Archeron wrote: »
    Got delivery once from a kebab place in co kildare, wouldnt be my top choice normally, but it was the last place still delivering. The chips were big fat undercooked wet white pasty yokes, and they had gone cold in delivery. When I poured the bag out on the plate, they fell out in one solid cold wet lump and stayed the in the same shape as the bag. The kebab looked like it was filled with toasted skin flaps and wobbly orange pus and had a distinct smell of sweat of it.

Your description is brilliant! The visual I have is really funny :pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Yeah, but you ate it, didn't you?
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,176 ✭✭✭Archeron

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Yeah, but you ate it, didn't you?
    :D

I peeled one chip off the cold gelatinous lump, and spit it out as soon as I tasted it, was like licking a dish sponge dipped in cold fish flavored grease. I then went to bed in a mega huff because I was starving and because I was in someone else's house at 3am I couldn't really just stick something in the oven :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I'm actually gagging

• Registered Users Posts: 5,644 ✭✭✭storker

When living in Rathmines year ago I went to a local chipper one night for something to bring home for myself and the OH. I was hungry and was tempted to tuck into some of my fried chicken while walking home in the dark, but decided to wait. When I got home and bit into a chicken piece some blood spurted out and landed on my arm. I guessed the chicken had been frozen and not thawed properly. At least with the lights on I spotted it and the chicken went in the bin. I was grateful that I hadn't tried walking home in the dark.

A couple of weeks later I was passing by the chipper on a Thursday night and it was closed. I guess the health inspectors had paid them a visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭S_D

Theres a place in bray that I ordered from loads... was forced to close down there for a while due to the state of it.... it re opened... and I ordered from it again. I'm a little ashamed but they decent take away. Might be disgusting cooking conditions but listen, im willing to turn a blind eye sometimes haha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

That place called 'Hot Chilli' or something like that? That's not a bad little kebab spot at all!

Mayonnaise is such vile filth that I think I'd rather have chicken pus on my burger.

Namaste. That place is the absolute tits, even if it looks like a dump. They're daily specials are unreal value. They do lovely big portions of biryani too, and their tandoori mixed platter is amazing. I won't hear a bad word said about.

Burdocks gets a lot of love, but any time I've had the fish from there it's full of bones. Beshoffs definitely gets my vote too.

I got food there after a major night out in Westport a few years back and thoroughly enjoyed my burger and curry chips. I was absolutely bollixed drunk through.

That mostly helps if you have to eat there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭George White

S_D wrote: »
    Theres a place in bray that I ordered from loads... was forced to close down there for a while due to the state of it.... it re opened... and I ordered from it again. I'm a little ashamed but they decent take away. Might be disgusting cooking conditions but listen, im willing to turn a blind eye sometimes haha

Which one in Bray?

Advertisement