Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Quickest Way To Learn Minecraft?

Options
  • 21-02-2021 12:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

Hi All.

Just downloaded Minecraft on Android tablet for my 7 year old daughter and despite the fact that it's supposed to be pretty easy to learn, we're not finding it very intuitive.

After a couple of hours trying to figure it out, some of the questions we have are listed below. Interested in the answers to those questions but even more interested in finding out what's the quickest way to learn / understand the game. If this was any other year, could have a friend over who has the game and learn from them but obviously that's not an option this year. Would like a structured way to do this, not just random Googling :)

1: We don't seem to have ingredients for any recipes to add to our inventory - do we need to buy something to allow us to do that?
    2: Is there a particular world that we should start with or just create a new world from day 1?
    3: Considering it's a 7 year old, want to play offline initially but even entering random worlds that we have created gives a prompt about online play. I don't believe I've connected to a server so this surprises me.

So thanks in advance to boardsies for help with the questions below and also general guidance on learning Minecraft.

super_freddie.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Housefree

Kids seem to watch hours of youtube vids about minecraft

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Jacovs

I would suggest creating a new world and making sure it is set to creative mode, or changing the world you already made to creative. This gives you access to all items and unlimited amount of each too. Also allows you to move more freely. Also makes you invincible and removes the "hunger" bar.

Our 4 year old knows more about this game than me, albeit on ps4. So im sure yours will figure it out easy enough.

Edit to add, on ps4 there is a tutorial world you can choose that teaches the basics in survival mode. Not sure about the mobile version.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Marius5533

Youtube bloggers (even children) are able to teach your kid

• Registered Users Posts: 20 ParkerLV

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Abel Graham

learn from experienced players and follow minecraft events, i played version 1.20.31 and found the feature quite perfect

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 davissgurban

In my opinion, only YouTube videos can teach something

Advertisement