Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boyfriend talking and acting disrespectful towards me.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭ManOfMystery

This man has a track record of being an insanely bad choice of partner. People like this rarely change.

Picture yourself 1 year from now - or 3 years - or 5 years - sitting at your keyboard, contemplating putting another thread up about him.

Is that what you want? Or do you want the freedom to enjoy your life and the freedom to be able to meet someone else who will treat you much, much better? There are literally billions of people in this world, don't limit your options to one who is absolutely useless.

None of us can fix this situation for you, and your partner won't suddenly wake up and be a different person. All the control is in your hands, even if you don't believe it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭barbara anne

Jequ0n wrote: »
    Sorry OP, I also remember your previous thread.
    You’re complaining that he doesn’t treat you with respect, but how can he? I certainly couldn’t so can’t blame him for continuing to have a laugh at your expense.

So the advice youre giving the op is that she does not deserve to be treated with respect?

What exactly was said in the previous thread that makes you come to that conclusion and even so to give that kind of advice to someone to looking for help?

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Sonic the Shaghog

So the advice youre giving the op is that she does not deserve to be treated with respect?

What exactly was said in the previous thread that makes you come to that conclusion and even so to give that kind of advice to someone to looking for help?

I get what you are saying however I see Jen's point. The OP is an utter doormat by what she's let the bf away with. While yes everyone deserves respect it's the real world and there's lots of cnuts in it. It's totally obvious to all but the OP her bf is a total wanker and she keeps letting him away with everything and treating her like total rubbish because in her words "I love him so so much"

When the likes of him sees he can get away with this sort of carry on he'll just keep pushing the boat and carrying on like wants cause he knows she's a walk over. There's no point saying she deserves respect because if she chooses to stay with this lad then she can forget about it. There's a point when you just roll eyes and stop listening to people complaining when they choose to stay with someone like this.

I get what you are saying however I see Jen's point. The OP is an utter doormat by what she's let the bf away with. While yes everyone deserves respect it's the real world and there's lots of cnuts in it. It's totally obvious to all but the OP her bf is a total wanker and she keeps letting him away with everything and treating her like total rubbish because in her words "I love him so so much"

When the likes of him sees he can get away with this sort of carry on he'll just keep pushing the boat and carrying on like wants cause he knows she's a walk over. There's no point saying she deserves respect because if she chooses to stay with this lad then she can forget about it. There's a point when you just roll eyes and stop listening to people complaining when they choose to stay with someone like this.

Why call her a doormat?

No she knows he's a wanker but she probably slips into denial sometimes because she feels she invested in the relationship. I'm sure she has normal expectations from him but is starting to realise he can't meet those and yes he's probably been chipping away at her pushing normal boundaries for a while now. So lay back on calling her a 'doormat' or telling her she deserves that kind of behavior.

In a lot of those relationships the so called 'doormat' realizes what a weak cnut the bloke is and usually sympathizes with him or gives him the benefit of doubt because his behaviors are either unbelievable or so immature or just because he's such a twat.

I do agree she should dump him now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Sonic the Shaghog

"She" dumped him at the end of the last thread she claimed.

Tbh B it's not just that I've a feeling I'm not the only poster here who feels they may have been duped by the last thread. There seems to be a handful of "OPs" lately with the same content. A thread about X and the next thread completely ignores what the previous claimed or else starts with a certain problem and constantly adds in "new" evidence to keep adding to it. I've even noticed one or two of them shut quicky. it seems like there's a an extremely bored individual out there

• Advertisement

Tbh B it's not just that I've a feeling I'm not the only poster here who feels they may have been duped by the last thread. There seems to be a handful of "OPs" lately with the same content. A thread about X and the next thread completely ignores what the previous claimed or else starts with a certain problem and constantly adds in "new" evidence to keep adding to it. I've even noticed one or two of them shut quicky. it seems like there's a an extremely bored individual out there

I don't know anything about that.

Maybe they are trying to come to terms with their situation so have put up a few threads on it and they didn't always take the advice. Maybe they need consistent and supportive advice rather be calling the op a 'doormat' because posters got tired of advising without understanding that getting out of these relationships is a long process.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

Why call her a doormat?

No she knows he's a wanker but she probably slips into denial sometimes because she feels she invested in the relationship. I'm sure she has normal expectations from him but is starting to realise he can't meet those and yes he's probably been chipping away at her pushing normal boundaries for a while now. So lay back on calling her a 'doormat' or telling her she deserves that kind of behavior.

In a lot of those relationships the so called 'doormat' realizes what a weak cnut the bloke is and usually sympathizes with him or gives him the benefit of doubt because his behaviors are either unbelievable or so immature or just because he's such a twat.

Maybe look up the old thread and the advice given. I feel there is little that can be added at this stage which had not been said already (and ignored)

Jequ0n wrote: »
    Maybe look up the old thread and the advice given. I feel there is little that can be added at this stage which had not been said already (and ignored)

See my post above.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,678 ✭✭✭YellowLead

I’m not saying that’s what’s happening here as I don’t know but some people love attention and sympathy when they are not getting it from friends etc they go online to make themselves feel better.

There should be an I’m looking for everyone to agree with me and say poor me type section in boards! Sometimes OPs don’t like what they hear and either disappear or lash out.

But I fear we are getting off topic to this thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

This is just the way some people are.

You know the type. It goes on more than we think.

This is who he is though.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 13,772 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

barbara anne, Sonic the Shaghog, YellowLead and Jequ0n, please reread the Forum Charter.

Personal Issues is an advice forum. Replies are expected to offer advice to the OP. Many of the above posts are considered off-topic. Please offer mature, constructive, civil advice to the OP or don't post.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

Op
    You need help to work on your self esteem.
    Once you have that even improved a little you'll see that you deserve to be treated with respect and then will hopefully find the strength to leave this guy.
    He doesn't deserve anyone if he treats them badly.
    Never fails to astound me how these types end up with decent partners when there are so many decent guys out there who can't catch a break.

Look after yourself Op, you deserve better than this.

Advertisement