Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best option for holiday

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Staycation

Dont be one of those people.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 8,422 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Ballybunion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭I regurgitate the news

Staycation

Isn't that a bit racist to those people in Brazil or Belarus?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,491 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

I've been looking at a few options for a summer holiday and we've got down to either Brazil or Belarus?

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Here are two videos of Brazil and Belarus from within the last month

Brazil
    https://odysee.com/@Global_Media:1/Brazil-Rio-de-Janeiro-Dont-Worry-Be-Happy:7

Belarus
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfuLExhaIak

The second one is from 2020.

You're right. Here's an Irishman from 4 days ago in Belarus.

He says hello to everyone back in Ireland

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5ZaSVFdo-8

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,422 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

February 2020 as well, before.it all kicked off.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Isn't that a bit racist to those people in Brazil or Belarus?

No. They are having the craic with their own staycation. Bit racist to think it's racist.

All Eyes On Rafah

No. They are having the craic with their own staycation. Bit racist to think it's racist.

Second link now updated is an Irishman in Belarus...No staycation?

Anyway, got your input....def not doing a staycation....it's balls here now sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,927 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I personally think it's madness to even try to arrange a holiday right now, you've no idea what could happen between now and then, and no doubt some places would be reluctant to refund if you couldn't travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Staycation

By "Staycation" do you mean staying at home or holidaying somewhere in Ireland?

• Advertisement

Second Life is your perfect choice. Since your a uound millennial Google it.. Deal in linden dollars.

Sorry for being so 2000.

Going to bed soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

I've been looking at a few options for a summer holiday and we've got down to either Brazil or Belarus?

Brazil

Belarus

Do they do cheap dental work there as well? Are you one of "those people"? Or do you just not give a crap about anyone else in the country?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Nqp15hhu

If you get the two doses of the vaccine I don't see issue with going abroad.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,280 ✭✭✭✭endacl

I'm afraid your advice may fall on deaf ears, at least as far as the poster's online persona is concerned. No idea what they may be like in real life, but they appear to have very little to do...

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭PeteEd

I was in Belarus for a football away day in June 2019
    football was a success story but made no impact on my opinion that Minsk and Borisov are hungover communist ****hole backwaters that i will definitely not be returning to in any sort of hurry

Brazil or Bray it is then!

Brazil

Belarus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭JasonStatham

Brazil

Belarus

Lame ass trolling attempt 1/10

• Registered Users Posts: 9,735 ✭✭✭billyhead

OP, have you been living under a rock the last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 41,055 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Do you have an extra €2000 for the fine?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 13,866 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

PeteEd wrote: »
    I was in Belarus for a football away day in June 2019
    football was a success story but made no impact on my opinion that Minsk and Borisov are hungover communist ****hole backwaters that i will definitely not be returning to in any sort of hurry

Brazil or Bray it is then!

Minsk is a lovely city.

Do you have an extra €2000 for the fine?

If I ever got fined I'd probably challenge it in court to tell you the truth....Anyway, by the time I go it'll be increased to 5,000 I'd say so no point in worrying about it.

Could be worse....Could be ten years in prison like they have in England.

That's one of the reasons we're looking at going somewhere where it is kind of normal, you go our for a meal and beers and watch the soccer in a group.

Funny how life is going on normal in some countries. The virus is choosy about where it goes.

• Advertisement

Dumperville.

Patrons have previously included the Pet shop boys.

Again, OP, just "Google it"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,545 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Minsk is a lovely city.

And to find out more about the real Minsk, you should watch the film 'Rochelle, Rochelle', the tale of a young girl's strange, erotic journey from Milan to Minsk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Aongus Von Bismarck

When this is all over I intend to head back to Patagonia. You really haven’t lived until you’ve experienced the magnificent W-Trek in Torres del Paine national park. Perhaps the most beautiful place on earth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

When this is all over I intend to head back to Patagonia. You really haven’t lived until you’ve experienced the magnificent W-Trek in Torres del Paine national park. Perhaps the most beautiful place on earth.

A pig-sty littered with Jane Fonda's tampons and Ted Turner's hairpieces.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,347 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Iguazú National Park in itself is worth trip to Brazil

• Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭auspicious

Well a trip to Brazil atm includes an extra two weeks of anti-holiday I've heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,866 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

And to find out more about the real Minsk, you should watch the film 'Rochelle, Rochelle', the tale of a young girl's strange, erotic journey from Milan to Minsk.

I've been there, I've seen it for myself.

Hopefully get back there sooner rather than later.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,927 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

You really haven’t lived until you’ve experienced the magnificent W-Trek in Torres del Paine national park.

"The W Trek is Torres del Paine's most famous hiking route, with views of the granite towers that give the park its name. In full, it's a four or five day hike that can be walked without carrying gear or food, between refugios or campsites."

Ah, no thanks! I like to relax on holidays, not nearly kill myself with walking/hiking!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

I going to climb the highest mountain in the Netherlands.

🙈🙉🙊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,787 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Bolton.

(I've never been myself, mind)

Advertisement