Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Now Dublin Bikes website

Options
  • 18-02-2021 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭

Anyone experiencing trouble with the new Dublin Bikes website now that NOW has taken over sponsorship from Just Eats?

Am finding it very difficult to edit my personal details which have changed.

Just me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭PaulieC

not related at all , but the original deal for DublinBikes to be operated by JSDecaux in return for being able to install and run lots of advertising displays. Was anything supposed to happen these when the deal expired or did they get to keep them for life ? Pretty good deal for them if they did.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,567 ✭✭✭✭28064212

PaulieC wrote: »
    not related at all , but the original deal for DublinBikes to be operated by JSDecaux in return for being able to install and run lots of advertising displays. Was anything supposed to happen these when the deal expired or did they get to keep them for life ? Pretty good deal for them if they did.
    The deal hasn't expired, and AFAIK there are no plans for it to. JCDecaux are still the operators of the scheme. Now TV, like Just Eat and Coke Zero before them, just pay a sum to get the advertising slots.
    Anyone experiencing trouble with the new Dublin Bikes website now that NOW has taken over sponsorship from Just Eats?

Am finding it very difficult to edit my personal details which have changed.

Just me?
    Just went in and updated my address, no problems. What part are you having trouble with?

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

28064212 wrote: »
    The deal hasn't expired, and AFAIK there are no plans for it to. JCDecaux are still the operators of the scheme. Now TV, like Just Eat and Coke Zero before them, just pay a sum to get the advertising slots.Just went in and updated my address, no problems. What part are you having trouble with?

Tried to change my email address. Couldn't do it. Called the helpline. They sent me an email with a "click here to change your details" I did so and now, although I can log in, there are no details at all. No name, no nothing. And no ability to make amends.

Not hugely impressed with their customer service. But I suspect, after what you said, It's just me. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,567 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Tried to change my email address. Couldn't do it. Called the helpline. They sent me an email with a "click here to change your details" I did so and now, although I can log in, there are no details at all. No name, no nothing. And no ability to make amends.

Not hugely impressed with their customer service. But I suspect, after what you said, It's just me. :)
    It's not particularly intuitive, but after logging in, top right of the page, there's a circular button with a person icon. Click that, and you'll get a dropdown which includes "My Profile"

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

28064212 wrote: »
    It's not particularly intuitive, but after logging in, top right of the page, there's a circular button with a person icon. Click that, and you'll get a dropdown which includes "My Profile"

Oh I've done that. That's not the problem. I think it's a glitch peculiar to my situation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Zen0

You can change your details in the App, but not your email address. I wouldn’t assume it’s just you.

Zen0 wrote: »
    You can change your details in the App, but not your email address. I wouldn’t assume it’s just you.

Let's just say, I hope it's just me. My dealings with Dublin Bikes lately do not fill me with confidence in their privacy/security systems.

I had to change my bank card. Just to be safe.

Advertisement