Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Independence for Kerry

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Hyperbollix

Can we add Cork to this aswell? Two for one deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,636 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

As an expat living in kerry. I say aye.

Total independence apart from the money tree thats in Dublin being transplanted in my garden.
    I'll look after it... Honest.

And we put a tourist tax on dubs and corkonians. And we stop them tourist photographers stealing our landscapes in their cameras.
    And you can keep Foley in Dublin. She's an embarrassment.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,607 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

And you can keep Foley in Dublin. She's an embarrassment.

DannyHealyRae.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭dobman88

As a Dub I feel more and more disconnected from the people of Kerry. We don't understand each other.

I just, I can't take it anymore

I don't feel we are getting on. We can look after the rest but we have to let Kerry go

(We can agree to joint custody of Killarney after the separation)

Tralee would be the capital and these would presumably be joint heads of government

maxresdefault.jpg

logo_ec67df8cf2e35d07b2062d291ba68a83.png

It's for the best. Let's not prolong this agony.

Kermit, with your use of the Healy Raes in the OP I'm so disappointed you didnt go with the thread title: Independents for Kerry.

A missed opportunity.

DannyHealyRae.png

Since you insist, you can have him too.

• Advertisement

Since you insist, you can have him too.

All must return to the DPRK

(Democratic People's Republic of Kerry)

All must return to the DPRK

(Democratic People's Republic of Kerry)

OK so boss. You drive a hard bargain. Since you insist, you can have his whole family.

OK so boss. You drive a hard bargain. Since you insist, you can have his whole family.

You have things the wrong way round chief. I'm saying they have to return to Kerry, not stay here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

West Cork should also be annexed to the kingdom while we are at it.

🙈🙉🙊

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭snowstorm445

West Cork should also be annexed to the kingdom while we are at it.

Dream on. Having said that we should evict you from the Beara Peninsula while we're at it, and reunite it at last. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,841 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Kerry is a stunning county. But nobody likes them and it is well deserved.

Very selfish , cute hoors , insular people.

One of the very few places in Ireland I hated meeting locals. So unwelcome and trying to rob you blind.

Nobody likes them . Even their own don't like themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

One of the very few places in Ireland I hated meeting locals. So unwelcome and trying to rob you blind.

Are you sure you’re not speaking of their neighbours to the south of them?!

Definitely feel more inclined to let Cork go. They can have their People’s Republic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Yeh?

We turned up for 1916. The rest of the country was having a lie in. Or at mass.

And a great idea that was, barricading yourselves inside buildings!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,400 ✭✭✭NSAman

Maybe it’s just you...they can spot an ass when they see one..

Love Kerry and love the people there and those Kerry people here in the States..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭RandRuns

"You run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. You run into assholes all day, you're the asshole"

- Raylan Givens

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

So just to play devils advocate:

Fair amount of arseholes in Dublin too, a fair amount who will actually rob you.

Not to mention the massive criminal element, the ugliness of parts of Dublin, the preponderence of wee knackers in the city centre, emerging ghettos etc..

The multinationals are only in Dublin due to the low corporation tax and educated workforce and it being a hub

If dublin goes back to the motherland, all the businesses leave Dublin and go to Cork, Galway, Limerick, they become the hubs and the populations there will expand.:P

10 years after Dublin's reunification with the UK, it becomes Bradford...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,763 ✭✭✭growleaves

John Doe1 wrote: »
    I think Dublin should be broken off and sent back to its motherland before this perhaps?

Denmark?

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭ulster

So just to play devils advocate:

Fair amount of arseholes in Dublin too, a fair amount who will actually rob you.

Not to mention the massive criminal element, the ugliness of parts of Dublin, the preponderence of wee knackers in the city centre, emerging ghettos etc..

The multinationals are only in Dublin due to the low corporation tax and educated workforce and it being a hub

If dublin goes back to the motherland, all the businesses leave Dublin and go to Cork, Galway, Limerick, they become the hubs and the populations there will expand.:P

10 years after Dublin's reunification with the UK, it becomes Bradford...

Lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭NewClareman

I didn't know Kerry grew potatoes

They have the best spuds in the country, sold with the muck still on them. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,863 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

touts wrote: »
    Sure most Dubs have spent more time in Mallorca and Benidorm than outside the M50. They wouldn't miss the rest of the country if it all floated off into the Atlantic.

You do realise that there are huge parts of Dublin outside the M50?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

F*ckin' hell, if you think the Kim dynasty in North Korea are bad, imagine giving the Healy Rae's a sovereign state to play with.

There'll be public executions in Fitzgerald Stadium in Killarney by month-2.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭RandRuns

Yurt! wrote: »
    F*ckin' hell, if you think the Kim dynasty in North Korea are bad, imagine giving the Healy Rae's a sovereign state to play with.

There'll be public executions in Fitzgerald Stadium in Killarney by month-2.

And immediate development of a long-range ballistic missile system (codenamed Paulgalvin) to rain death upon the Great Satan, Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭gourcuff

i dunno lads, 437 thousand people who live in Dublin were not born in Dublin, i can only imagine the amount that are first generation dubs with both parents being from other parts of Ireland..i would hate to see an m50 wall, what about a northsoide wall keep all the true natives inside?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,883 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Who will get all the Gold?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,177 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Donegal man here.

I think Dublin should be broken off and sent back to its motherland before this perhaps?

Kerry is Irish at least.:D

Ok ..lets do it. But we stay in the EU.

Everyone outside dublin thinks dubliners are not irish ...whereas we dubliners KNOW we are not really irish.

Who will get all the Gold?

And who'll take the horse to France with a hard border between Kerry and the rest of the world?

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭Mike Murdock

OP, throw Cork into the equation and you have my vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭Mike Murdock

gourcuff wrote: »
    i dunno lads, 437 thousand people who live in Dublin were not born in Dublin, i can only imagine the amount that are first generation dubs with both parents being from other parts of Ireland..i would hate to see an m50 wall, what about a northsoide wall keep all the true natives inside?

tenor.gif?itemid=5702065

• Registered Users Posts: 15,177 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Yurt! wrote: »
    And who'll take the horse to France with a hard border between Kerry and the rest of the world?
    The joke that keeps giving.

Whose taking that dead horse to france so?? :o

• Advertisement

The joke that keeps giving.

Whose taking that dead horse to france so?? :o

It was a low-quality joke. Point conceded :p

Advertisement