Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Bargains - Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

It's scanned.

So my postman is lying?

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

So my postman is lying?

What does your postman have to do with it?

I usually get my deliveries before Amazon alerts me that they're out for delivery. Because I'm early on the route. This would suggest to a person of average intelligence that Amazon either doesn't receive "out for delivery" information in real time, or, more likely, that they don't want to send alerts to customers at 6.45am.

I know they've been scanned because, Sherlock, Amazon tells me they've been delivered.

If you have any more questions ask your postman or Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭112143

I've found Amazon manages to get things to me quicker than some Irish businesses.
    One order was delayed for a day and I received a email from Amazon telling me that I'd get the item for free if I didn't get it in the following two days, unfortunately it arrived the next day.
    I never knew they offered money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

gazzaman22 wrote: »
    How does this work? Do they open the parcel and assess or is it say a declaration sheet sent with parcel ?

Does me getting something sent to an relation in England costing 100 quid English VAT included and then her forwarding it on to me as a gift- will this get pulled for Irish VAT as well? or are gifts exempt?

Yes, Revenue can open parcels.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Yellow Dog

Just did my daily scan of Hotukdeals. https://www.hotukdeals.com/hot

Appears there are lots of Apple phones and iPads reduced.

Will attract Irish import charges, but thought I'd mention it anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Yellow Dog wrote: »
    Just did my daily scan of Hotukdeals. https://www.hotukdeals.com/hot

Appears there are lots of Apple phones and iPads reduced.

Will attract Irish import charges, but thought I'd mention it anyway.

No they won't. Amazon are VAT compliant.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Doodah7 wrote: »
    No they won't. Amazon are VAT compliant.

Amazon remove the UK VAT and apply the Irish VAT so he’s right that it will attract Irish import charges. It’s just that you pay it upfront to Amazon.

At payment stage the price reduces to £375. £78 of import fees are added. Delivered price is £454.26. Or £7 less of you still have your Amazon credit for the photos app sitting there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Gumbo wrote: »
    Amazon remove the UK VAT and apply the Irish VAT so he’s right that it will attract Irish import charges. It’s just that you pay it upfront to Amazon.

At payment stage the price reduces to £375. £78 of import fees are added. Delivered price is £454.26. Or £7 less of you still have your Amazon credit for the photos app sitting there.

That is not how most people would interpret his comment.

Most would think that there would be ADDITIONAL charges top of the price to be paid (other than the paltry VAT difference).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

Doodah7 wrote: »
    That is not how most people would interpret his comment.

Most would think that there would be ADDITIONAL charges top of the price to be paid (other than the paltry VAT difference).

The charges are estimated by Amazon but if the import fees are more than what Amazon charged you they'll pay the difference. If the charges are less they'll contact you and issue a refund for the difference.
    We got €1.78 back on a phone purchased a few weeks ago.
    93Cab wrote: »
    I’ve had 4 deliveries delayed today! I actually got a further 4 deliveries 2 of which were due on Saturday!

I have 1 package delayed in Dublin, normally I'd get them early if anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭93Cab

I’ve had 4 deliveries delayed today! I actually got a further 4 deliveries 2 of which were due on Saturday!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

93Cab wrote: »

Same here. Order delayed today. First time that’s happened.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Gumbo wrote: »
    Same here. Order delayed today. First time that’s happened.

Same here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

Same here delay - when i check tracking it has cleared customs in swords and now back clearing customs in the uk

Not sure what happened maybe a whole load was sent back for some silly error

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭madmaxvideo

Same as, all my orders due since Saturday and today are delayed, some of which, as above, cleared customs in Swords, then ended up back in Manchester! wonder what that's all about

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭freebee23

My package has also been delayed. Was due for delivery today.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Ordered a mouse Saturday and it arrived today, cool speed Amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

The speed of delivery is back thank God. Reaping the rewards of the VAT situation too. All good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

Same as, all my orders due since Saturday and today are delayed, some of which, as above, cleared customs in Swords, then ended up back in Manchester! wonder what that's all about

Back in dublin this morning haha.

The packages are making up for the lack of miles we can do in these times.

Hopefully get them soon

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Enrico Palazzo

Those back and forth travels are most likely only virtual.

Leftwaffe wrote: »
    The speed of delivery is back thank God. Reaping the rewards of the VAT situation too. All good.

It was but now stuff I was expecting yesterday (Monday) is still stuck in Dublin. It got to Dublin on Monday so expected a delivery today but they are all now "We’re very sorry your delivery is late." When I see that there is a chance some won't arrive at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

My Taylor coffee arrived today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭93Cab

Email from Amazon! 4 packages with 7 items arriving today!

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Summer2020

It was but now stuff I was expecting yesterday (Monday) is still stuck in Dublin. It got to Dublin on Monday so expected a delivery today but they are all now "We’re very sorry your delivery is late." When I see that there is a chance some won't arrive at all.

Get onto customer support, you’ll usually get a £5 voucher if you ask for one as a gesture of goodwill for the delay

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Marhay70

My parcel got to Dublin at 5pm yesterday, delivered here, Wexford, 9am today.
    This is normal, usually get a text from An Post saying it'll be delivered in up to three days but with the exception of the couple of weeks before Christmas, it always comes the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,233 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Marhay70 wrote: »
    My parcel got to Dublin at 5pm yesterday, delivered here, Wexford, 9am today.
    This is normal, usually get a text from An Post saying it'll be delivered in up to three days but with the exception of the couple of weeks before Christmas, it always comes the next day.

Same here, in Wexford too. Even the rare times that I don’t get a text, it generally arrives next day once it is showing as in Dublin Parcel Hub in my Amazon orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭MBSnr

^^^
    Adding to my post yesterday - I'm just Mr Unlucky it seems. Now it's 5 outta 11 items delayed in the last month - another supposed to be delivered today by AnPost is still bouncing around Dublin, even though I got the text yesterday and they always deliver the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

MBSnr wrote: »
    ^^^
    Adding to my post yesterday - I'm just Mr Unlucky it seems. Now it's 5 outta 11 items delayed in the last month - another supposed to be delivered today by AnPost is still bouncing around Dublin, even though I got the text yesterday and they always deliver the next day.

It was just Amazon being too optimistic.

They use previous orders history to estimate how much time is needed to deliver a parcel. Unless extremely pricy option is chosen, no courier would give warranty about delivery time. Amazon also says that this is their best guestimate.

Summer2020 wrote: »
    Get onto customer support, you’ll usually get a £5 voucher if you ask for one as a gesture of goodwill for the delay

I've done that far tooooooooo often :D. Most of what I'm buying atm is under a tenner and VAT off so I'll save the next call to CS for when I feel Amazon actual owe me something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭MBSnr

grogi wrote: »
    It was just Amazon being too optimistic.

They use previous orders history to estimate how much time is needed to deliver a parcel. Unless extremely pricy option is chosen, no courier would give warranty about delivery time. Amazon also says that this is their best guestimate.

Ok but the issue with the 5 items each time has when they are in Dublin with AnPost not Amazon.....
    As I said, I even got the text from AnPost yesterday.

Anyhow no need to derail this thread further.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,503 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

MBSnr wrote: »
    Ok but the issue with the 5 items each time has when they are in Dublin with AnPost not Amazon.....
    As I said, I even got the text from AnPost yesterday.

Anyhow no need to derail this thread further.

Don't forget that it's a bank holiday in the middle of the week week. So they need to handle 5 days worth of UK imports in 4 days, so I'm sure things will be a little delayed.

Advertisement