Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Valentine: Roses are red, violations are blue, do be, do be do be do.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

Anybody remember Bro. Keegan in CBS Westland Row? I had nightmares about that vicious animal.

gmisk wrote: »
    That was a huge deal, but a man running off with a woman he had a consensual relationship seems so minor (and rightly so) after all scandals since.

Thankfully nothing like that in school I was in for secondary it only had a few priests at that stage, all really nice, I did hear one left the priesthood and is now married, fair play to him.

In Secondary School there was nothing untoward.

In Primary school, the Parish priest(and chairman of the school board) was seriously dodgy. Fr Jack looked like an upstanding member of society compared to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,577 ✭✭✭leath_dub

Joe's perfect day: Talking about buggery in a graveyard

• Registered Users Posts: 24,112 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Bishop Casey was due to confer me, just before his sudden departure to the US to live with his house keeper. The shock! The scandal!
    A few lads my age said a certain parish priest did worse to them during Confession, then a man going off to live with a woman.
    It was a massive story, dominated 1992
    man and woman have sex and produce a baby

• Registered Users Posts: 32,331 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I'm talking specifically about Liveline. Given that we can agree that he loves the sexual abuse stories and gives vast amount of time to such things, it seems to me that there was some greater reason as to why they would not have John McClean's victims on the show. I am asking what is this reason, why have Liveline specifically chosen to ignore one sex abuse story and give days to another.

Let's hope they give ample time to the upcoming sexual abuse story.
    It's liveline..... Joe's own private domain seemingly, where he can cover minor or bizarre topics for days if not weeks on end.... RTE have given it plenty of coverage is my point.

This is one show...a poorly put together one...where the host seems to pick random stories on a whim to cover ad infinitum.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

How many stars would you give him for his abuse, Tom?

Anybody remember Bro. Keegan in CBS Westland Row? I had nightmares about that vicious animal.

My uncle, back in his day, had absolutely nightmares about that place.

zell12 wrote: »
    It was a massive story, dominated 1992
    man and woman have sex and produce a baby

The shock! The Scandal!

Small boy: Ma, the priest touches me
    Ma: Not now, the news is on and theyre talking about the scandal of Bishop Casey.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

I went to a private, religious school in Dublin City Centre.

There was an old priest other students warned us about. "Don't go to see old Fr Murphy with the white gloves on your own" was the warning. Looking back, it's fairly obvious that he was a kiddie fiddler.

What was ubiquitous (with one honourable exception) was the physical abuse meted out. One priest even had the job title of Dean of Discipline.

I can still hear the noise of the swish of the leather strap before it hit your hand or arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,967 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Just appalling stuff but sadly nothing new, doesn't seem that long ago when Joe was discussing the infamous Bill Carney

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Advertisement

gmisk wrote: »
    It's liveline..... Joe's own private domain seemingly, where he can cover minor or bizarre topics for days if not weeks on end.... RTE have given it plenty of coverage is my point.

It was interesting that post that somebody else put up earlier on the thread this week - about how politicians were questioning the transparency of the topics that are discussed on Liveline over ten years ago.

RTE are always putting in their own FOI requests to the Government, but they really should be providing information on how many calls were received to Liveline, what did the people want to speak about, if the topic discussed was not what the majority of callers wished to speak about then why was this the case?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Test For Echo

Something seriously wrong with Duffy's mind. Haven't listened to him since December. What is his preoccupation with misery?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭mumo3

Apart from the Guards and victim support groups, who else needs to hear all the finer details? ..... the answer is nobody.

I don't know why Joe feels the need to get every little detail, he's not providing a counselling service!!

I actually feel uncomfortable listening to this, surely there is someone in RTE who can tell Joe to wind his creepy neck in, and I cant switch it off its on the radio in the office.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,801 ✭✭✭shearforce

remember that time D'Arcy stitched up Tom Doorley on Today FM... brought him in for a wine tasting test - Tom proceded to taste each glass and wax lyrical, at the end Raymond lets him know the same wine was in each glass.
    Top class radio

Was Marmion as evil as the Cork Two, though?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Something seriously wrong with Duffy's mind. Haven't listened to him since December. What is his preoccupation with misery?

Hes going to end up like the narrator in fight club after he retires / isnt renewed. Showing up to support groups to get his fix

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Hes going to end up like the narrator in fight club after he retires / isnt renewed. Showing up to support groups to get his fix

• Registered Users Posts: 39,115 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

<grunt, gasp>
    Joe getting to the vinegar strokes...
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 32,331 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

He is a grief vampire

Joe, You can't call everyone evil. It starts to lose its effect.

Last week two solicitors who defrauded a bank were EVIL.
    Earlier this week a guy who sat on a dead horse was described as evil.
    Now a guy who abused kids is evil.

Maybe save the word for actual bona fide evilness?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,890 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Did he say a good mass? Was his chalice wurk good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Good man!

Was Marmion as evil as the Cork Two, though?

LOL.
    Cork Two were fifth degree Evil, Marmion was only a fourth degree evil.

Eugene Cranley.

Toyota Dealer, if I'm not mistaken.

Cat?

Sense of balance - Joe won't like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,801 ✭✭✭shearforce

jaysus this lad is cringe

Eugene Cranley.
    Toyota Dealer, if I'm not mistaken.Cat?

Cat has a photo of herself with him in Guantanamo Bay during the Cuban Missile Crisis.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,112 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Maybe save the word for actual bona fide evilness?
    BNFazmLrXLSzuEM-800x450-noPad.jpg

Did he say a good mass? Was his chalice wurk good?

His chalice wurk was excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭NeinNeinNein

Ironically a sense of balance is being offered by the caller with poor hearing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement