Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Air to water hot water tank.

Options
  • 08-02-2021 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Is it best to keep the hot water tank close as possible to the outside unit or does it matter where it goes in house?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,195 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

if you minimise the outdoor run, then insulate the internal pipework well and its not really a issue

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Davy87

I'm thinking of having a plant room at the back of house, the outside unit will just be other side of wall on the outside. If everything well insulated does it matter if it goes in the plant room or hot press upstairs ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,840 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Davy87 wrote: »
    I'm thinking of having a plant room at the back of house, the outside unit will just be other side of wall on the outside. If everything well insulated does it matter if it goes in the plant room or hot press upstairs ?

Our tank is upstairs, probably 15 metres of pipe run from the outdoor unit. Doesn't seem to create issues

If the pipes are insulated then you'll reduce the heat loss a lot, and if the house is insulated then it'll be warm inside, which further reduces the losses

I'd say put the tank where it makes sense to keep it. There won't be much warmth coming from it so the typical hot press where the sheets and clothes are dried doesn't really work.

If you move it to the plant room then you might be able to use the hot press for something else. Could add considerable expense as the plumbing will need to be completely rerouted

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

Advertisement