Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying an apartment

Options
  • 05-02-2021 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi, I am thinking of buying a two bed apt in the Waxworks building, Ashtown. I would be living in it and intend to rent out the second bedroom. I am unfamiliar with this area and would be grateful for your advice on the building and area. Is it a nice area to live in? I work in the city centre and would be using the train service. I see that planning permission has been given to build over 700 apts in the area. Can the trains cope with that huge increase in commuters? Thanks in advance for your input.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

The trains were full 1o years ago. God knows what they are like now

• Registered Users Posts: 7 DonalHoran

Ashtown is a convenient location near the Phoenix Park & within a short distance to the City.
    At peak commuting times you can expect crowded trains but there should also be a good city bus service from the main road near the Halfway house? pub a few mins walk away..To the best of my knowledge,Planning was granted some years ago for quite a lot of apts but on the other hand the area appears to be well serviced by - supermarkets/other retail units/pubs etc.
    On balance ,Ashtown as a location is quite convenient,serviced by both train(abeit crowded services) & bus services & the last time I visited the area there were some nice walkways along the canal.This location should hold it's value into the future/appears to be a sold enough investment over the medium/long term.The ideal situation for you of course is to conduct your own research before comitting to a purchase - once the Covid restrictions are lifted,call in to the local shops/pub & seek out a few people who have mooved in to the area in the past few years & ask for their opinion/there experience of living in the general area.Most people would be glad to assist you in this regard.Good luck !!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Blackie01

Many thanks for your comments and advice which is very much appreciated. I will definitely call into the local businesses and get their opinions on the area and hopefully the property. Transport links are good and with planning permission secured for over 700 apts it will make public transport even more crowded. Near Phoenix Park which is another positive.

Advertisement