Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why is Dolly's Grove airfield so private?

Options
2»

Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭basill


    Tzardine wrote: »
    Do you mean the success of building something without planning permission and getting away with it?


    You seemed to have missed completely my point which is sad. If as you suggest that this man conducted an illegal act then that would be for the courts to decide and not for Boards.ie. There are remedies that the planning agencies have such as reverting land/buildings to their original use. But the fact remains that the airfield is still there and has been for a significant period of time.


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine


    basill wrote: »
    You seemed to have missed completely my point which is sad. If as you suggest that this man conducted an illegal act then that would be for the courts to decide and not for Boards.ie. There are remedies that the planning agencies have such as reverting land/buildings to their original use. But the fact remains that the airfield is still there and has been for a significant period of time.

    I didnt miss your point, I poked fun at it because it was irrelevant.

    You might want to actually look up the details of the case before you type the nonsense like above. It is well established that the runway was build without permission.


  • Registered Users Posts: 19,925 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui


    This is a very interesting thread, glad I found it, because I am trying to sell a property where modifying an existing house might be problemeatic for a prospective buyer because it's in a SAC so it's unlikely planning permission would be forthcoming. This shows that if you have money, just do it and no one is likely to notice or do anything.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭green123


    cnocbui wrote: »
    This is a very interesting thread, glad I found it, because I am trying to sell a property where modifying an existing house might be problemeatic for a prospective buyer because it's in a SAC so it's unlikely planning permission would be forthcoming. This shows that if you have money, just do it and no one is likely to notice or do anything.

    Is it true that if it is in place for 7 years then nothing can be done?


  • Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭mr.anonymous


    basill wrote: »
    In many other countries this persons success would be seen as a positive and provide something for others to strive towards.

    Maybe if begrudgery wasn't such a popular Irish pastime


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,925 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui


    green123 wrote: »
    Is it true that if it is in place for 7 years then nothing can be done?

    I don't know, that's what I would like to know, as my own situation is such that I doubt the council would find out about modifications to the house within 7 years of them being done.


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor


    The voyrus can't infect you in Lourdes :pac:

    Lourdes Tarbes is where TBMs are built and maintained.

    Looks like a Sea Harrier (completely unflyable) and an L29 Delfin (same).


  • Registered Users Posts: 19,925 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui


    Was the Harrier flown there, or was it trucked in. Hard to imagine the latter wouldn't have been a logistical event that would have gone unnoticed.

    Good thing for them VRT based on CO2 emmisions wasn't an issue.


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan


    basill wrote: »
    In many other countries this persons success would be seen as a positive and provide something for others to strive towards.
    Richard Larkin's success is getting money from his dada.

    His dada gives him money but Richie Rich isn't allowed to lie in and be lazy!


    Richie has to be ready to work by 11:30 AM at the latest and he has to work until 3:30 PM at the earliest!



    In passing this family cost the Irish people millions via NAMA.


  • Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭RandRuns


    green123 wrote: »
    Is it true that if it is in place for 7 years then nothing can be done?

    Not exactly (though kinda in practice). In essence, an unauthorised development is still an unauthorised development after 7 years, but you cannot be served with an enforcement action after 7 years.

    Which means that, if you can get away with it for 7 years, they can't make you knock it down, but it still isn't exactly legal - so getting a fire cert, selling it etc. can be a grey area.
    You can apply for retention after 7 years, and in most cases, they give it (because there's not much else they can do).

    For the development mentioned in this thread, I doubt they'll give a sh1te, because it's for their own use, so the 7 year rule gets them nicely off the hook.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir


    RandRuns wrote: »
    Not exactly (though kinda in practice). In essence, an unauthorised development is still an unauthorised development after 7 years, but you cannot be served with an enforcement action after 7 years.

    Which means that, if you can get away with it for 7 years, they can't make you knock it down, but it still isn't exactly legal - so getting a fire cert, selling it etc. can be a grey area.
    You can apply for retention after 7 years, and in most cases, they give it (because there's not much else they can do).

    For the development mentioned in this thread, I doubt they'll give a sh1te, because it's for their own use, so the 7 year rule gets them nicely off the hook.

    But sure if you build an extension on your house or a garden shed it too is only for your own use, but we all have to get permission.

    It's still unclear why the runway is blocked out on Streetview.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Psychlops


    Its a Harrier alright, GR3, XZ995. Strange pointy nose is a give away.

    There was a guy in the US who owned a number of serviceable Harriers privately and was fully licensed to fly them. No need for a runway...




    I thought it was a Sea Harrier first.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Psychlops


    Any idea if that is the Delfin that was based at Cork for a time?


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭BeardySi


    But sure if you build an extension on your house or a garden shed it too is only for your own use, but we all have to get permission.

    It's still unclear why the runway is blocked out on Streetview.

    Because they probably asked for it to be. As was said upthread, you can request that your property be removed from streetview. It's not some grand conspiracy...


  • Registered Users Posts: 33,817 ✭✭✭✭listermint


    Richard Larkin's success is getting money from his dada.

    His dada gives him money but Richie Rich isn't allowed to lie in and be lazy!


    Richie has to be ready to work by 11:30 AM at the latest and he has to work until 3:30 PM at the earliest!



    In passing this family cost the Irish people millions via NAMA.

    How dare you not doff your cap to your betters.

    Begrudgers is all you are doff your cap like your should.....

    Scoff scoff scoff. Success .. or some other jazz...


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Psychlops


    Quick search says the Delfin at Dollys Grove is the Delfin from Cork, it is ES-YLK.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭duskyjoe


    would I be out of line to think that this thread has lapsed into kangaroo court ? I haven’t a clue who this man is Mr Larkin, but he’s getting a solid turn over here imo


  • Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir


    BeardySi wrote: »
    Because they probably asked for it to be. As was said upthread, you can request that your property be removed from streetview. It's not some grand conspiracy...

    I never said it was a conspiracy. Let me rephrase my comment then; I wonder why they asked for it to be blocked.


  • Registered Users Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer


    I never said it was a conspiracy. Let me rephrase my comment then; I wonder why they asked for it to be blocked.

    As above anyone can do it for whatever reason they want.

    It’s entirely up to the person concerned.

    The simple answer is they wanted it blocked. Without being a mind reader, you aren’t going to get any more information.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭TheBoyConor


    Why would a Sea Harrier be unflyable? Unflyable compared to a regular Harrier? Or just in general.

    I'm surprised he would be allowed to keep a British weapon like that here. Do you think it is legally held or illegal? Or de facto legal due him being a cowboy developer and the state wouldn't dare touch him?


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,079 ✭✭✭✭L1011


    This thread was never going to get an answer that would satisfy the OP it seems and is wildly inappropriate


This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement