Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Screech - Dustin Diamond dead at 44

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

No way I didn't even know he was I'll.

Rip Screech.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

So young, very sadly died from stage 4 lung cancer, happened very quickly for him too.

R.I.P. screech. Brings back good memories as a kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,255 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Really dead this time? Been a few awful hoaxes about him.

Screech was a great character. Did he ever get with Lisa in the end?

RIP Dude.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,644 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Jesus that was fast. He only announced he had cancer recently enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,927 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

I was only reading he had cancer today. Poor old Screech.

• Advertisement

Screech was an indispensable part of my childhood. His madcap antics livened up Saved By The Bell, made it worth watching in a cast of cardboard cutouts. He had his detractors later on but nothing can take away the show. RIP Dustin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

Read a couple of weeks ago that he had cancer and that he also had shingles and was in a lot of pain. Cancer is such a frightening and horrible disease. Sad that he died at such a young age. May he Rest In Peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,592 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

While I was mostly into ‘Saved By The Bell’ for Kelly Kapowski and ‘Saved By The Bell: The New Class’ for Lindsay Warner, Screech was the one who’d make you laugh out loud.

Sad news, RIP Dustin.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 11,182 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

44 is way to young. Easily could have lived another 30 years even more.

Rip dude. You gave me entertainment as a kid playing Screech.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

I am shocked at how quickly cancer claimed him. :(

• Advertisement

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Jesus that was fast. He only announced he had cancer recently enough.

Only diagnosed three weeks ago. It must have been really aggressive. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭LimeFruitGum

Whaaaaat! Ah no :(
    I had heard he was ill recently, but I didn't expect him to pass away quite so soon.

44 is way to young. Easily could have lived another 30 years even more.

Rip dude. You gave me entertainment as a kid playing Screech.

Sure 44 is nothing. I know there was some bad blood between the cast members and he wasn’t in the reboot and I know he made some mistakes but I doubt the others were angels either. I did read that Dennis Haskins aka mr belding did stay in contact with him after the show ended which was nice of him. I’ve not seen any statements from the rest of the cast but I’d say they’ll get some angry responses given the tweet I’ve seen from fans of the show.

Nice to see that there’s a relatively recent picture of him with mario Lopez.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Nice to see that there’s a relatively recent picture of him with mario Lopez.

Marios body language and lack of usual smile says it all...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Maybe it's nostalgia, but it's sad how this particular group drifted away from each other.
    Screech and Lark Voorhies have kinda been tossed aside.

The others only really came back together in the last few years

py2006 wrote: »

Ah I hadn’t seen that clip before. It’s a going through the motions interview.

Maybe it's nostalgia, but it's sad how this particular group drifted away from each other.
    Screech and Lark Voorhies have kinda been tossed aside.

The others only really came back together in the last few years

Didn’t lark voorhies have some series mental health issues recently enough ? Is she back in the reboot ?

Lopez comes across as one cold fish, he's so detached you'd swear they hadn't met before. A sad denouement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

That interview is so insincere and false from Lopez, like hes almost gloating that his life is better than that of Dustin. Very condescening.

Anyway, RIP Dustin, you gave me some great laughs as a kid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

R.I.P.
    44 is no age.

I feel for Diamond there. No idea to what he’s referring but I feel for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,351 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Oh my good god. I only heard Dustin's diagnosis only recently. I did not know at the time that it was lung cancer. I can't believe that I have read just now that he died this evening at 44 years old. That is unbelievably heartbreaking. I grew up watching Screech as a kid while he was in Saved by the Bell all those years ago. I will miss him now that he is gone. RIP Screech. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,389 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

RIP Screech. Probably the best actor that took part in saved by the bell. Very funny at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭BettyS

RIP Screech! So tragic! I really feel for him, in terms of SBTB. He was always the butt of the jokes and the Milhouse. It has got to effect one’s self-esteem, given that it was filmed in his teenage years.

That interview with Lopez is so cruel. That moment where he asks about him asking did he wish to continue with acting made me squirm. He was speaking to him like a second-class citizen. He cruelly punished poor Dustin!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭passatman86

Crazy.. Scary how fast he passed away. Only heard about his sickness last week - in an article i read he said that he felt staying in hotels with asbestos and mold was a big reason he got sick..

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭BettyS

God, I looked up about Screech on Reddit. It really is a cesspit. One of the top comments questioned if he was faking the cancer

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Stihl waters

A year older than me, frightening to think about it, RIP screech

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

rip screech lad

Advertisement