Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you Petty?

Options
124»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 165 ✭✭Deemed as Normal

In ways.

We are all a little OCD in ways and pettiness is just an extension of that.
    I don't think there is much of a connection between pettiness and OCD.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

_Brian wrote: »
    What some people do is just so incredibly inherently wrong that we should be under no obligation to forgive nor like them.

I agree. I've blacklisted several family members over their treatment of an issue that was absolutely reprehensible. In addition, people forget that forgiveness has to first be sought. I've been put under pressure to "forgive and forget" what was done to me, and the perpetrator has never actually sought my forgiveness or apologised.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭COVID

Antares35 wrote: »
    I agree. I've blacklisted several family members over their treatment of an issue that was absolutely reprehensible. In addition, people forget that forgiveness has to first be sought. I've been put under pressure to "forgive and forget" what was done to me, and the perpetrator has never actually sought my forgiveness or apologised.

I've no axe to grind on this issue whatsoever, but genuinely curious about your assertion that: 'forgiveness has to first be sought'.
    Can you explain why this should be so?
    Also, what's the origin of the phrase, is it biblical?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

COVID wrote: »
    I've no axe to grind on this issue whatsoever, but genuinely curious about your assertion that: 'forgiveness has to first be sought'.
    Can you explain why this should be so?
    Also, what's the origin of the phrase, is it biblical?

Biblical? I don't think so. Well if it is, I wasn't aware that it was and wasn't using it in that context.

Re forgiveness being sought, I know a lot of people say forgiveness is something you do for yourself - for your own healing and your own ability to move on etc. And I see the merit in that. I just personally feel that it should be sought from the perpetrator. It's the least they can do.

I've managed to free myself from what was inflicted on me in the past, through a lot of work and soul searching, and it wasn't easy. I'm also at a point now in my life where I am happy, without having forgiven the perpetrator. That doesn't mean I harbour bitterness towards him or live in toxic anger etc. I don't feel like I have to forgive someone else in order to be happy or to be free.

I don't know if that explains it at all! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭dvdman1

"I'm just gonna have Eoin (manager) check it because it's just so awkward doing it with him". He could've at least realised that I was in ear shot.

Why would the guy say it was awkward compared to the manager doing the search?

• Advertisement

dvdman1 wrote: »
    Why would the guy say it was awkward compared to the manager doing the search?
    I obviously don't know. But no else had a problem doing the bag check with me. It's nothing personal.

I obviously don't know. But no else had a problem doing the bag check with me. It's nothing personal.

Were you new or a minimal interaction character to him...people sometimes make up excuses such as "arkward" to avoid new people as there not comfortable...yeah i wouldn't take it personal, if anything its kind of sad on his part

Were you new or a minimal interaction character to him...people sometimes make up excuses such as "arkward" to avoid new people as there not comfortable...yeah i wouldn't take it personal, if anything its kind of sad on his part
    No, I wasn't. I'd chatted with him a few times actually and had done a few bag searches with him earlier on, but then he seemed to stop going to me for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

i think im the type of person who likes to think im above pettiness, but some situations bring it out in me.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭jmlad2020

Pettiness such as blocking the seat next to you with your legs or bag on the Bus because you don't want someone to sit beside you,

Yeah I used to be like that as a kid but have since wised up.. but even adults do this now. I call that being Petty.

• Advertisement

No, I wasn't. I'd chatted with him a few times actually and had done a few bag searches with him earlier on, but then he seemed to stop going to me for them.

Maybe he really did have something to hide.....stealing

Maybe he really did have something to hide.....stealing
    I don't like the guy but I wouldn't think that badly of him.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement